What's the difference between MB loaner and new for EQE/EQS lease?

I started doing research and see there are deals on loaner or demo for MB EQE/EQS. I’ve never leased or owned MB before, so I’m interested in the maintenance, and warranty part:

• Do I still get the factory warrant for DEMO or Loaner car? Or it’s the specific dealer providing the warranty?
  • Is there free maintenance for DEMO or Loaner car?
  • If warranty and maintenance are no difference between demo/loaner and new, is there other difference except the mileage?

Personally I don’t care if it’s new, or has 8000 miles. But I’ve never handled Demo or Loaner in the past, so I’d like to learn more about what’s the “catch” for such, specifically for M-Benz.

Thanks.

I find there are Wikis for BMW like this, which is very informative and helpful. Is there any wiki for MB?

• Do I still get the factory warrant for DEMO or Loaner car? Or it’s the specific dealer providing the warranty? - You get the balance of the factory warranty from when it was originally punched as a loaner to the end of the initial term. Unless it is a CPO
  • Is there free maintenance for DEMO or Loaner car? - I believe electric MB get free maintenance so yes
  • If warranty and maintenance are no difference between demo/loaner and new, is there other difference except the mileage? - some things to consider are tires, brakes, wear/tear, etc., during the course of the lease since you are starting at 8k (drove it like I stole it) miles
2 Likes

Not exactly MB, but addresses some of your questions:

2 Likes

I only did a quick internet search, but I couldn’t find confirmation of this. Free anything from MB would be… most un-Mercedes like, unfortunately.

1 Like

Not sure if it was a promo that was running at a given time but I could’ve sworn I saw that it was covered on the EQS

Ah, okay. I used different search terms and found it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Aside from what’s already been said, even on a 24 month lease you’re probably going to have to put a set of tires on it.

I have a related question to the topic,
I see MB loaner which are CPOs and others which aren’t.
Can somebody explain pros and cons? or what to ask for if it’s not a CPO?

For a lease, it’s irrelevant.

Check the CARFAX, if it says dealer took title then it will qualify for all new car incentives.

The “in service date” may be more relevant than the miles. I leased an Executive Loaner from BMW. Car had 1900 miles, but the in service date triggers the expiration of the factory warranty. The waranty expiration is calculated from the in service date, not when your lease begins.

2 Likes