Whats a good AWD fun car these days under 600?

Honestly Im being conservative because im maxing out how much I try to save. if nothing really happens or the market seems to not change ill just have to end up putting the budget to 600-900 which I know would easily get me something like an 8 series.

After reading 9 minutes on LH you hijack someone else’s thread after having done 0 research on your target vehicle?

2 Likes

8 series for $600/mo?

Laugh Lol GIF by SWR3

2 Likes

What? no I saw them going for around 1000/mo. I said I had to up the budget for pre tax car.

When and with how much due at sale?

I’ll have to go find the spreadsheets I remember seeing them on

Saw or see? Almost all deals from 3+ months ago are very different now.

Saw, thought I saw something recently pertaining to it, thats my bad then.

You’re probably looking at more like $1100-1200 pre-tax for a “stripped” 840. Far cry from 600-900

1 Like

Where is the 8 series for $600-800 a month? I would like one too. If you saw it somewhere, it might be with a huge DAS amount under an asterisk.

That’s 7 series money on a unicorn type of day.

man I really wish I was in the market for a car 6-10 months ago

1 Like

We all reminisce on the $300/month loaner S60 days :laughing:.

1 Like

when those deals were out, thinking I wouldn’t get approved (honestly Im kicking myself to this day) should have just picked up a s60 t8 for like 600 when I saw em :frowning:

That was still doable for a loaner 2-3 months ago, but S60s having limited availability is not helping current pricing.

Have you reached out to brokers in your local area?

I have a couple here I’m gonna contact today. Hopefully I’ll get to find something!

1 Like

Sorry didn’t mean to be offensive / judgmental about anyone’s spending, to each their own. I must have been fantasizing about being in a different position back when I was 21 lol.
Now for an 8 series for 800 a month I would suggest moving on quickly from this idea. If I was in your shoes I would look into a fun sports sedan / coupe.
Good luck.

At $150,000 yearly income, you are probably bringing net $8,000-$9,000- month. Do yourself a favor and find a used AWD vehicle under $30,000 and pay for it cash or take a loan and pay it off in 6-months.

Take the rest of the money you make and invest it in good mutual funds. You’ll be a multi-millionaire in your 30s.

2 Likes

I already own a 2017 jetta and a 2014 hyundai tuscon, most of my savings for the last 2-3 years was tied up in crypto(thankfully) I was looking to enjoy something on a budget.

1 Like

Does it need to be AWD? I had a blast owning GTIs in my early 20s. Audi S4 is not particularly fun or engaging. An S3 would be pretty fun.

Honestly at this point I’m gonna have to be open to fwd and rwd, I saw camaro’s with V8’s are also super cheap, I might check out a GTI.