Whats a good AWD fun car these days under 600?

I’m 21 and have been working for the last 4 years making good income, I’ve set aside a budget for just the car payment to be under 600/mo, my credit is in the 740’s with a previous auto loan. And wondering whats a good deal for under 600$/mo that can be fun?

$600/ mo?

I’d want to be making at least $150K/year before going for a payment like that.

You can have fun in cheap cars too.

2 Likes

My income is a tad higher than that, and has been for the last two years. Thats what I’m looking for.

10 Likes
  1. Check the Marketplace section to see the pricing on cars you like. We’ve gotten too many threads over the years that start like this and just devolve into third parties arguing over what cars they like. Don’t be the guy or gal who can’t decide for themselves what they like.

2. budgeting doesn’t work like that. At 21 you’re going to have a massive variability in insurance premiums based on what you choose to drive.

Put it another way, $600+$400 (car payment + insurance) = $800+$200.

The more you save on insurance the more you can spend on a car, and vice versa.

3 Likes

I was looking into S4’s and the insurance only pulled up around 220, most “sports cars” are only pulling up 200-300 which I can comfortably stomach.

You realize that car payments today aren’t what they once were. Before we factor in any interest, let’s take a 40k vehicle. Modest car, could be a Hyundai, Toyota, etc…put 4k down and finance the rest for 60 months. That’s $600/month before any tax/tags/insurance. Leasing, yes you can lease for less, just to put things into perspective.

Those don’t fall under “fun cars”

Nothing currently.

Nobody here is going to drive your car, but if you want AWD and fun I’d test drive the list and see what gives you feelings: A4, 330i, Mazda3, GTI, S60, WRX. If your definition of fun is different from mine, don’t forget the 4xe or Stelvio.

As mentioned, make sure to check insurance cost for anything on short list. Then take that credit score out for a spin and treat yourself.

1 Like

Have you looked at broker deals in the “Marketplace” to see what they are going for? I doubt you are going to get one for under $600/month all in. What state are you located in? You might have to factor in sales tax.

1 Like

I factored in that it would be pre-tax. I’m looking at marketplace currently the wrangler 4xe seems to be a super good deal right now.

You might have to order one to get a good deal.

If you are looking for a fun sports dean, I will check out the A4 Premium Plus. I leased one back in 2018. It was fun to drive and cheap to lease back then. Depending on your mileage requirements, you should be able to get one within your budget.

There might be brokers close to you that should be able to help.

1 Like

Congrats on making that income at 21.

1 Like

I’m gonna go check out the audi a4 prem plus, then im gonna hit up a broker here about the 4xe, I’m in Colorado.

Maybe get an ordered below invoice Wrangler (check the threads) that you can easily trade in without taking a hard hit when the market is better. Another option is a Tesla even if it exceeds $600 due to fuel savings. It too should hold value very well if you want to unload it in a couple of years. Hopefully you are treated more like a grown-up than you have been here if you visit a showroom in person.

I had 2017 A4 premium plus nice car but I still think BMW is more Fun to drive. See if you can find any 3xx series or 240 series. If you can get S4 then go for it. GTI is fun also but too small if you don’t mind the size. Look at Alfa Romeo too.

Don’t know what you do to make 150k + at age 21 but keep doing what you doing mostly at age 21 students are deep in student loan debt…

1 Like

To lease, G70 3.3T or Giulia TI Sport. G70 you can lease for $600/mo (taxes included with 0 drive off). I don’t think you can lease a more fun AWD car for cheaper at the moment. 4 cylinder Germans are a snoozefest (I suppose an A4 45 P+ with black optic is okay, but I doubt it’s less than $600/mo right now).

I test drove a Mazda 3 Turbo hatchback and it was fairly fun as well. Lease is $450/mo or less.

4xE loaded up and save some money

a 330i lmfao.

alright now I have my top 2 the Jeep Wrangler 4xe or Genesis G70,I’ve been watching videos for the last hour now. I think ill go test one out at a dealer and see about driving a 4xe from another dealer, if they have one haha.

1 Like

Audi a5 premium plus