What would you buy for $10k?

I picked up this hilariously fun car earlier this week. Less than $3k total and with only 37k miles. It is going to be our beach car in SC.

14 Likes

Kei car :blush:

10char

Whod you order it through? Been looking for a kei car for LA

1 Like

Looks like I may be licensed by December. Maybe Jan given the holidays will interfere with processing paperwork.

I do have 2 more on the way that are WAY cooler than this one. Both will be up for sale. A Pajero Mini and an Alto Works.

6 Likes

Staying away lol.

2008 Lexus ES 350 127K miles and loaded heated and cooled seats, upgraded sound - $7200. 2 owner car, owned it since 2011. Man is 72 years old. Great shape. Anything to be mindful of? I feel like this car can go 250K miles with minimal maintenance. Anything to check in regards to timing chain/belt, etc?

hmmmā€¦ I guess thatā€™s oK? Seems a bit much for a 15-yr-old Camry, but what do I know? They have a timing chain.

I can try and get down to around $5500. Reason it jumped out is because these cars typically go 220K+ miles.

Extremely unlikely to happen. Itā€™s already a good deal if it checks out via a PPI.

1 Like

Anything could be possible with a private party sale. I also wouldnā€™t waste money hiring a PPI on a sub-$10k vehicle, but thatā€™s me. :smile: If a person canā€™t even check their own oil, it may be worth a few bucks for someone to look it over.

Much less sketched by this, Iā€™d have fewer reservations than the Altima (even if it is older).

2007 Toyota Camry XLE Low Miles Only 65K - cars & trucks - by owner... :smiley:

Supposedly PP ads are now littered with sketchy curbstoners. Really wouldnā€™t surprise me if some of these cars are salvage/rebuilt with a washed title. Or the olā€™ ā€œplug in the oil leak with heavy duty oil that will ultimately kill the engineā€ scam.

I donā€™t know how you wouldnā€™t get a PPI. Iā€™d spend $150 all day for piece of mind that a trained mechanic gave me the green light.

1 Like

I have a general idea of what Iā€™m looking at, and the PPI is wasted money unless itā€™s a shop/mechanic you can trust. :man_shrugging:t2: A guy could take the money, given a quick glance over, and claim everything is OK. Or you could have the opposite, where the mechanic will have a list of ridiculous things that are ā€œbadā€ with the possibility of gaining additional sales.

Does everyone get a PPI when a vehicle is purchased off of a dealerā€™s lot (new or preowned)? Used car from an auction, dealer knows very little about, gives it a spit shine & lists for sale. Happens all the time. Iā€™m not trying to be argumentative, but itā€™s funny how perceptions change. :grin:

Interesting. Could very well be since Covid, and clean preownedā€™s have been nearly impossible to find. :thinking:

omg
im about to snipe! 2011 chevrolet camaro ss - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

Manuals have a ā€œPRNDSā€ gauge in the cluster?

1 Like

nah thats the wrong image cluster,
just called him
he said i can come check it out tomorrow dibs

he said just smogged, checked the plate it was just smogged he aint lying
the engine/trans alone is ~9k

Iā€™m pretty sure that gauge cluster is like a Ford Fiesta. :joy:

Edit: it definitely is. Why do I remember these stupid things. I had fiestas

as rental cars in previous years.

1 Like

looks like if this is real im going to have a fiesta