What would you buy for $10k?

What do they charge? Wouldn’t mind paying someone a reasonable fee to do all the legwork.

I can’t stand that early MB-Tex. It’s ugly plastic to me.

If you google, there are several. I can’t speak to any specifically. If you are in NJ, I believe there is a PA place. Most seem to only offer what they have imported rather than offer to find you what you want. And, personally, I feel like those offering inventory are pretty pricey most times. Just as an example, the Pajero I got, I’d offer that up for less than what the other importers are asking for Pajeros with the smaller engine and more miles.

I plan on offering both services when I can get up and running (still haven’t found a building/property to satisfy state and local requirements). Of course, offering the latter means the buyer will have to wait quite a while, and we know how people are about being patient!

3 Likes

I have yet to find a good way to import from Europe. I’d love to get some from Italy. But I haven’t come across a service offering such a thing just yet. The only way so far seems to be to contract out each piece. Like buy it from one place, maybe after paying another place to inspect it, then deal with the shipping process.

Japan has lots of Benzes, but they seem to love them. I’ve tried bidding on many at this point but, once you figure in shipping, they are all more than they’d be worth in our market. I guess that’s fine if you want something specific, but doesn’t work for me from a profit perspective or even an inexpensive ride for my son.

1 Like

What’s shipping cost right now for a small car, let’s say a r32 gtr

I get cars done for $2k. That includes all fees and shipping from the auction in Japan to Baltimore port. Then another few hundred in US customs fees plus 2.5% import tax. Then you gotta get it from the port to your house or place of business.

In other words …
$ Cost of car

• $2k
  • 2.5% on cost of car import tax
  • ~$300-$400 in import and port fees on the US side
  • land shipping within US
  • your state MVC titling, reg, and sales tax
2 Likes

Spain and Portugal seem to be preferred origins in some circles, due to climate and usually lack of rust.

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/oxnard-suzuki-samurai-miles/7544189716.html

these have gotten expensive lately
for its issues its a fair price

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/7548803081.html

How reliable is a 2015 Nissan Rogue AWD. 135K miles. Its 2 owner. 2nd owner has had it since 2017. Friends neighbor is selling it for 7200.

Car is quite clean physically. Consumer reports show it being a good used car. What about the CVT trans?

Thoughts?

I don’t like the CVT, but you know what I’m biased having had a '15 Nissan Altima

This will most likely go for more than $10K. I think this car would get A LOT more money on Cars & Bids:

I Hear crown Vic’s are quite reliable.

I guess if you dislike this persons existence and financial wellbeing

That being said, PPI it, and look for overzealous CVT fluid changes, thats the only way those Jatco CVTs stay good.

The description mentions corrosion on many areas of the car. That would be a hard pass for me (although living in Southern California I do not have any experience with corrosion.)

Why take on such a high probability of a headache?

There are other fish in the sea. What’s your budget?

All the articles I read said its reliable but the CVT is the weak point. If it goes its a 3K or so repair so makes it futile when the car is $7K.

Looking to stay at $8K or less. Thank you.

Complete garbage. Stay away.

1 Like