What would you buy for $10k?

You underestimate the Honda community :joy:
It’s a gsr

1 Like

It was for my sister, so far she is super happy and no complains. Great gas mileage and super smooth on highways, she is coming out of a 2021 Sonata N-Line

Nothing electric can break if there is nothing electric

taps head

2 Likes

I always invest Money to create my own NFT marketplace. as per Blockchain Industry, We must invest money into NFT Marketplace.

1 Like

the want is real with this one

1 Like

There are a bunch of people watching. I’m watching the bidding go up in $100 increments.

There is also a 1999 Prelude Type SH in Crystal Blue Metallic with a little more than 95,000 miles currently at $7K: 1999 Honda Prelude Type-SH auction - Cars & Bids

I had one of these… Super fun cars… And it’s in my neck of the woods too.

Ah, the 2.SLOW engine. Good thing it is sold. You don’t want that.

1 Like

Just had to post this.

Everything in this thread is slow. Let’s just accept that. Besides, slow car fast and all that.

1 Like

I actually just bought something very similar for my son ('90s NA 2.0 FWD German). But it is a whole different story to get it for him, a new driver, vs myself. 1996 with only 28k miles. Should be here in December, and he gets his license in Feb.

3 Likes

Is that an Opel? Are you shipping it from Germany?

Opel Corsa or Kadet?

Opel Astra. Shipping from Japan. It is LHD. After all import fees and taxes, it will be under $3500. Everything I found for that price here had major needs.
This had one of the best condition reports I’ve seen. Better even than my Gloria, which I can’t understand since the Nissan is MINT. They are very tough judges!

auto or stick?

Don’t think it was available in auto

Car is sick in that condition. SIIIICK!.

Do they have other LHD cars? Can you share the website?

2 Likes

It isn’t that simple. Took months on my part. Member only and requires an account with money deposited. Then develop the relationship with the company, learn how to read reports, etc, etc.
Not for the faint of heart. And I don’t think worth it for someone looking for one car. Could easily get burned, I’m sure.

Oh, and then navigate the actual import process! It is a lot to deal with and why there are businesses that do it all at a cost.

FYI, it is an automatic. Would have preferred a stick, but probably better to start him with this anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about importing a Mercedes 190e with manual transmission from Germany. There are some super clean cars there and they’re completely different than the 190e that were imported. They don’t have the ugly headlights, ugly bumpers, the gross MB Tex fake leather etc. Given the currency situation right now it would not be a total rip. However, I was told you have to do some conversions to the car like the instrument cluster etc. I haven’t spent too much time on it but this kinda inspired me to look further into it.

W124 and earlier generation MBtex might be the best, most durable upholstery ever made. Not sure why W201 would be so different.

I get the novelty factor of cloth and velour though. W126, W124 and other euro/jdm imports always have me checking out their different interiors.