What would you buy for $10k?

For someone looking to spend more to be under warranty

https://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/d/brooklyn-2019-volkswagen-jetta-se-29k/7532916917.html

1 Like

looks nice but ive never noticed a crooked center console before

“Crooked” meaning angled towards the driver? That was a BMW thing for a long time.

It’s a practical as well as symbolic nod to the idea that the car was built around the driver.

1 Like

What is with that center console arm rest?

1 Like

a long time as in when? most of the bmw ive had or been in have straight and some actually have more arm rest real estate on the passenger side… regardless like an f10 has more armrest on the driver side, its not an awkward piece of slanted plastic under it… its built seamless all the way to the dash

This Jetta is suspiciously cheap

Is it? I don’t pay attention to them, but wasn’t that like $24k new? So 70% for a nearly 4-yr-old VW doesn’t seem very cheap to me.

It’s cheaper than all the inflated used cars that still expect sticker or a hair below at 3-4 years old, yes.

But the whole point of LH is trying to pay below the going rate IRL.

The same caveat applies to this car as it does to 99% of the cars in this thread: PPI! PPI!

2 Likes

thinking about selling one of the Honda leases for 1,200-2,000 in equity check and buying a used…(Yes I know would have to sell to Honda or Acura dealer)

only need a car 10 mile commute no other travel, would like room to take dogs(2) and kid to area stuff if we don’t keep the Pilot. Would keep 1-2 years.
options in the 6-10k range in area include:
2012 Chrysler Town and Country -140k miles (they show service orders of new brakes, tires, rotors, other stuff)
2007 Ford Expedition EL - 150k miles
2009 Buick Lacrosse - 130k miles
2007 Honda CRV - 220k miles (mileage scary on this? or not to be concerned?)

These both make the list for some of the most unreliable cars ever made.

5.4L 3v motor replacement on Fords is quite common and is $7,000+

Honda automatics are also problematic; if you must get a Honda then get a manual.

If you can’t drive stick then: Read the thread starting at the top and look for vehicles like Buicks with the 3.8L aka the 3800, and Ford panther platform cars like the Mercury Grand Marquis

2 Likes

IME it’s hard to find good deals on Gov Deals.

I don’t disagree. I didn’t land my first Crown Victoria until my third honest attempt. People just spend crazy money on any and everything there.

It helped that I really needed the car. I had been sent to a new location at work that was a literal dump. No way I was going to take any of my nicer cars there.

Much better :drooling_face: :relieved:

Look for Avalon instead

don’t forget the mercury marauder

1 Like

How could I forget :neutral_face:

Can we get some details? :drooling_face:

LH Handle checks out :sunglasses:

Regarding the car? Or the auction?

Both :smiley:. How much $ did you pay? What state?

Miami, Florida.

1 Like