What would you buy for $10k?

The owners of LH are gonna have to ban me, but I’ll say this until the day I join the Lord:

CROWN VIC.

:joy:

10 Likes

Long live the Bubble King

1 Like

I say $3500. Money just doesn’t go as far as it used to in the crapbox market.
I’d seriously consider getting that one for my soon-to-be 17-yr-old, but I’m holding out for something more interesting.

I’m so with you on this. Retired police cruiser or cab.

Cheap to fix and they run great .

3 Likes

You can get one on surplus auction for bupkis

3 Likes

You guys are going to mess around and make me start a Crown Vic Spin-off thread.

Might convince the owners into doing a LH Crown Vic buy-back program. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Why would you get one with 10x the idling hours when plenty of Panthers like MGMs are available from private owners like seniors and retirees?

2 Likes

I like the vinyl seats, drivers A-Pillar spot light and heavy duty suspension vs the MGM that some old fart in a “Navy” cap drove to shoprite 100x

1 Like

Why would anybody wanna drive a sedan that gets 15mpg ?

I’ve driven one once and everyone moved out of my way :sunglasses:

1 Like

These cars normally have heavy duty chassis components, and increased capacity coolers (oil coolers, for example.)

Also, if you buy one from a big city with an in-house maintenance department like Miami-Dade, you obtain a vehicle that’s been fully maintained, and had all the kinks worked out.

My P71 already had the intake manifold headache taken care of. This vehicle, with over 11k in idling hours, doesn’t leak. It won’t last forever, I’m sure. But once this one dies, I’ll just go out and get another PD vehicle for work.

3 Likes

https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/moorpark-crown-vic/7532723741.html

:wink:

Very clean.

Not a P71, I don’t suspect. Right?

2 Likes

Not sure
I had a Lincoln version of it that I got for free blown motor
Rebuilt the motor and boy was it a pain in the ass… but once it was fixed man it pulled
That 4.6 magical

1 Like

This was the pre-Hellcat, TRX, Plaid, 392 drdvrgs

3 Likes

The 03-04 cobra was the hellcat :wink:

3 Likes

What websites can we bid on these on at reasonable prices?

Govdeals & Public Surplus (depending on your location) are two of my favs for ease of use.

There are many auction houses and every department uses a different one.

MGM and Lincoln Town Car FTW.

An often-maligned car and often for good reasons but this one eliminates its biggest weakness

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/d/merrick-2010-nissan-versa/7532553810.html