What to do, my particular situation... Lease, purchase, types of vehicles, etc

not with 0 due at signing.

Challenge accepted.

it’s not a challenge. a cx9 gt isnt 500 with no money out on a 9% tax and 12k miles. you’re going to be close to 600.

If I’m paying in the 6s, I’d rather purchase a telluride for about 800.

makes a ton of sense, sure.

1 Like

Emailed one dealer on a cx9 carbon edition. Won’t take it but seems ok for a first cast.

sale price 42343
doc fee 394
plate 184
3yr, 12k, 0 DAS, MF .00001
payment is 571
If they discount an additional 2k, will likely pull the trigger

Your TCO (total cost of ownership) ought to be a lot lower via purchasing something that holds its value well… vs the ~$20,000 you’re looking at on one of of these leases.

Telluride and Highlander are the first names that come to mind. The Highlander even comes as a hybrid with 35 combined MPG.

Since you are looking at CX9 you don’t need the space of a Telluride. Look at a Sorento hybrid too.

The sorento phev is a much better lease option than the regular sorento hybrid too.

Appreciate the suggestions. The Telluride is a stretch and I even pointed out a Sorento on the road the other day and she said no way. It’s also too small as it’s a bit smaller than the CX9 on the inside and looks like a class below on the outside.

Because there’s essentially no discounts, haven’t checked a Highlander though, is it realistic that a 50k Telluride or Highlander will still be worth 30k in 3 years?

Having had a cx9 and currently shopping a sorento, I can definitely say the cx9 isn’t bigger inside.

The highlander isn’t any bigger inside either.

Understood but no go for us on the Sorento.

That’s fine. Just keep in mind that the cx9 is deceptively small inside.

Even before the current dynamic which elevated used car prices across the board, the Telluride was holding its value very well. People were selling ~1yr old models at MSRP because the average buyer thinks a brand new SXP goes for at least 10k over.

Highlander has also been a value retention champ since the day it was born.

Sorento PHEV is eligible for up to $6,5xx federal tax credit if you choose to buy it.

But you’re a bit behind the curve right now if you want a Telluride at sticker. You’re going to have to order one and extend your Infiniti lease to get you through the build period.

There’s a dealer here that has a few and sells at MSRP. I haven’t contacted them though. What’s the build timeframe?

That’s a dealer-specific question. Depends on what you’re ordering, how many allocations they get per quarter, etc.

Jeez, how times have changed… Pulled the trigger on purchasing a wolf gray, awd Telluride SX with premium and nightfall packages. A customer cancelled the order and I happened to call at the right time. Inquired from 10 dealers yesterday and build times are anywhere between 4-10 months! It will come in around the new year. Most are charging above MSRP but “thankfully” this dealer doesn’t markup. Feels odd to be excited about paying sticker…

On another note, did get the carbon edition cx9 36/12 0DAS down to 507/month which looks good on the surface but as Max mentioned, why put out close to 20k on a 44k vehicle with nothing at the end.

1 Like

What did you do with the qx60?

Nothing until the Telluride comes in.

How are you gonna know what the lease program is like if it doesn’t come in until New Year?

Assuming the lease program doesn’t get any worse and you get the car at MSRP, on a $50,000 and change MSRP Telluride you are talking borderline low $800s per month with $0 DAS which is crazy to me.

I’m… purchasing

1 Like