What to do, my particular situation... Lease, purchase, types of vehicles, etc

My wife’s QX60 was up the end of Aug, we extended to end of Nov. Not too keen on the new QX60 and know the lease will be terrible. I’m not set on leasing but would prefer to, hoping that in 3 years things get back to the way they used to be. We currently pay 470/month on a 58k vehicle, I realize many think it’s outdated but it’s comfortable and she likes it. How long does nissan/infiniti allow extensions? We’re already at 3 mos.

Here’s what I’m considering:

Purchase a new Telluride SX- Will take some convincing as the word Kia was met with the expression of a dirty diaper… However, if I get her in one, I think that perception will change. Most are selling above MSRP but Cochran here in Western PA has an unwritten policy to not sell above MSRP.

Lease a CX9, I realize there are polarizing opinions on these but I leased one for my in-laws and it’s the right size for us and holding up well.

Buy used, but used is so inflated it only makes sense to buy a clunker in hopes things turn around very quickly.

I drive an S60 which provides loyalty and we both love the XC90 but they’re over 700 for 12k and a 9% tax rate.

Thanks in advance for your insights and opinions.

order a grand cherokee L and call it a day.

2 Likes

Purchase or lease? Sounds intriguing.

whatever you want. several dealers in PA are heavily discounting orders if you do a little bit of hunting online. PS - happy to take the QX60 off your hands when you’re done with it.

1 Like

Order a new one

very useful advice, thanks, alberto.

QX60 factory orders (non-dealer allocation) have been pushed back to february-march at this point. Most people who had deposits for a custom and not dealer allocation car won’t be seeing it for a really long time.

Could I use this to my advantage in extending the lease?

yes that’s why i suggested ordering a GCL. you won’t find anything in your current budget, so without going up a ton, it’s going to be your best option.

1 Like

@aronchi is right. I am going from qx60 to GCL. its the best value right now in today’s market.

Great choice

happy to look at your qx60 if you’re local and still have it.

I’m in Michigan

then send to @Benedetto

Dont suppose you can name any dealers with discounts? Currently on the hunt myself.

Thanks!

i cant - but if you do some digging on jeep forums, you’ll be able to find.

As others have said, if you want to lease again then order a Grand Cherokee L. If you are happy with your QX60, have you thought about buying the lease out?

That was a mission, but found it. Thanks dude!

Even with current used car prices, I’m pretty sure the residual is higher than what it’s worth, will certainly confirm though.

Realistically, what’s the ballpark for 0 DAS for a Grand Cherokee L limited? Probably close to 600 with 12k and 9% tax.

you’ll be in the mid 6s.

Thanks. I won’t be exploring the GCL then, principally I won’t rent something for that amount, especially when it doesn’t particularly wow me. It’s also a bit bigger than what we need. I’m pretty sure, although haven’t emailed for quotes yet, we can get into a cx9 grand touring for about 500/month.