What Kind of Wine is Everyone Drinking?

Islay (say eye-luh) has a much stronger camphor / briney taste. Smokey and strong.

Highlands or Speyside are lot easier drinking, more palatable to more folks.

:bat:

1 Like

Islay scotchs generally taste like you’re drinking a camp fire. They’re amazing.

4 Likes

Exactly why Ron Swanson prefers them. Because they are a camp fire. I bet Chuck Norris also loves them.

1 Like

Meiomi Pinot Noir is our go to for the last year. 6 packs are usually 17/bottle ar Vons in SoCal.

1 Like

Off all of next week. Going to work my way through these…

2 Likes

I think this thread should remain a staple after this whole fiasco is eventually over. Considering how thrifty most of us are, this could be a great place to exchange cheap and good booze

2 Likes

I just needed to get away from some of the other more frustrating threads :slight_smile:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Not much of wine guy but I am a big fan of aged single malt scotch.

1 Like

Terrazas Reserva Malbec

Madonna Estate Gewürztraminer (Napa, CA)

1 Like

Try to keep the bar snacks off the floor (ants).

4 Likes

Feeling braggy once again haha

2 Likes

I was supposed to go to Mexico right before this happened, so I had brewed some homemade Oktoberfest with my Mr. Beer system. Needs two weeks to ferment and another two weeks to carbonate, so it’s really coming in handy today. As for wine I shopped the deal and I’m just going through a couple of cases of Yellowtail red and white that I picked up just in case the stores got shut down.

My family is in the wine industry but we don’t drink wine :grimacing:.

Crown is my drink of choice.

8 Likes

I second all your recommendations. Member at Hall and Steven Kent. Will have to give AXR a try. You should look into the Paso cabs. Many hidden gems around…

Still got 1/4 left but need to replenish soon.

2 Likes

You’ll love AXR. It’s the new winery from Jean Hoefliger of Alpha Omega but their bottles don’t need to be laid down for years to enjoy.

Any recommendations besides the usual
Paso staples (e.g. Daou, Eberle, Justin, etc.)? Not that they’re not good!

Glenmorangie Signet will change your life

Daily drinkers… anything Chalkboard. Great value, super variety.

In these times, if you’re drinking multiples a day like some friends of mine do, anything over $15 is even too much to spend.

Love me a good Four Roses Small Batch Select, but Jim Beam Straight, does the job equally well.

Quality over quantity.