What do you think about this short-term (6/12months) car subscription company (FINN)?

Hi hackers, I happened to come up with this car subscription company – FINN. They offer 6 or 12 months car rental with different milleage options. Right now, they seem pretty new so don’t have much choice, but it looks like their deal is pretty solid on some cars. Note that their price includes everything such as tax, reg fee and even comprehensive insurance.

For example, like this Cadi XT6 (Cadillac XT6 Premium Luxury AWD in Rosewood Metallic from $949 with a car susbcription | FINN), MSRP 68K+, $949/m for 12 months. So the total cost is 11K+ per year. This seems like a very good deal considering right now a normal 3-year lease is probably at least $700 w/o tax and other fees.

From TrustPilot, the reviews are good, a few complains about wear & tear charges when returning the car but nothing crazy. Just wanna know how you guys think about this. Worth a try? Any pitfall you can think of?

2 Likes

The thing is, we’ve had companies like GoCar subscriptions here before, and I’ve gotten some of their pitches in my real line of work.

If you want a worst-case scenario, look at the Fair.com thread.

4 Likes

But why, when there is Sixt?

Limited markets (atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, nashville) but if you don’t drive much I used Flexcar when I was between leases. $70 week and up and 30-40 cents a mile. They use zip cars so standard rentals. Q8J6BW at checkout gets you 100 free miles.

2 Likes

It’s a 35% premium. Is that premium worth having to commit to only 1 year vs 3 years? I dunno, maybe. For me it isn’t. And I assume there are some fees/taxes on top of that $949 as well. You can’t say the word car without someone somewhere adding 12% in fees/taxes minimum. :slight_smile:

FINN’s headquarters actually reached out to us for partnership. We have done some digging and reached out to our German contacts to ensure the legitimacy and quality of their service. We are working to negotiate some exclusive offers for Leasehackr readers at the moment. What questions do you have? We can see if we can get answers from their corporate office.

9 Likes

How does insurance work as far as liability coverage? Are there options for
limits?

Do they plan any ultracheap local (aka low mileage) plans? Something like a cheap Bolt or Leaf for someone like my wife (that has a 5 minute commute) would be attractive.

Lastly…any plans to serve Florida?

2 Likes

This is awesome. I personally don’t have particular questions but just love to see more selections in the future.

1 Like

Decent option if somebody is looking for a short-term lease

1 Like

What happened to that similar company who always used to post here? Out of business?

1 Like

Overpromised & underdelivered

I wanted to bump this thread. Has anyone used Finn yet?

I actually signed up last Friday, was approved on Monday. The hardest part was selecting a vehicle. I wanted a Yukon XL but I didnt want to wait an extra 2 weeks for it. I got a blazer instead. It was delivered yesterday (Friday) full tank of gas and 83 miles on the odometer( It was driven from their storage lot to my home) No hidden fees and a very smooth transaction.

I chose a year subscription. So far so good. If anyone is needing a discount coupon I have one for $300 off their first month. I will definitely get another vehicle when my subscription is up.

1 Like

Was it that Tesla rental company? :joy:

I think if the payment including insurance is close enough to a typical 3 year lease + insurance it would be a great idea for many. I’d love to lease a 1yr electric vehicle to try it out for a while and not worry about having it for 3+ years. Of course it will never be as cheap as a normal lease but you’d have way less issues if you needed to change vehicles suddenly (or usually wanted to change all the time…)

Based on a quick look over their website I think they have deceptive advertising. Look at these screen shots. They claim everything is included on their front page. You go and look for a car , once you select the car they tack on insurance as an additional $160 fee. That is a huge delta. Not a very good start if they want to win people over.

3 Likes

Yeah I noticed it as well. When starting this post, their price seemed to include insurance iirc. Now they just play the trick to make the number look better.

1 Like

Yeah, I also noticed that, it seems like half the month the price shown includes the insurance and the other half of the month they break it all down separately but its still the same price :man_shrugging:

Well 2 weeks in, I have no complaints with them…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spammers - [report them here]

Hey please share the discount coupon if it is still active, I am planning to go for 6 month subscription.

1 Like