What do you do for work?

No. Think sports games. Dead guy on cover :slight_smile:

Kobe Bryant Yes GIF

2 Likes

Yea some of those courses were not easy. Job is pretty chill if you don’t do retail.

1 Like

I look at emails and spreadsheets with numbers on them, I used to sling everything from Audi to Volvo, and now I drink a lot of liquor and go to lectures twice a week or so.

1 Like

Health insurance. A lot of Ctrl C and Ctrl V on regulations and criteria

1 Like

I am surprised that nobody has brought this old thread up yet. It seems like we are getting a new crowd here!

That’s what I would have loved to do as I studied insolvency law and accounting for my masters but somehow I wandered around Asia instead and now am back in the US as a project manager. I run Leasehackr on the side because I am passionate about the democratization of knowledge.

7 Likes

Sling software and consult for sales/marketing/revops agencies/consultancies

I nearly spit my drink. Click. First posting: Good ole @vhooloo :rofl:

8 Likes

This guy binaries.

2 Likes

I probably posted in that old thread, but seems we’re starting anew.
For my regular 9-5 at the moment, I am the Editorial Director for a medical communications agency. I’m really over it after 25 years, though, and looking to get out. Hopefully my dealership works out. Or, at the very least, makes enough that I can go back to substitute teaching part time, which I loved doing but it didn’t pay the bills.

on a numerical grading score, for our class: a 40-50 was considered a B- :slight_smile:
25% was a C
–most of the class passed with a C (including myself)
have never used ochem again thankfully

1 Like

This is an interesting thread. I’ll jump in. I’m a lawyer that works in the very niche world of mergers & acquisitions (also called rep and warranty) insurance. We insure the legal risk underlying large M&A deals by essentially guaranteeing the accuracy of the statements companies make to a potential buyer regarding what’s true about them (we have permits, we make $X a year, we have XYZ amount of inventory).

I encourage people to get in this industry if you can. Lots of job security (knocks on wood) since there’s a few hundred of us to service roughly 25k M&A deals in the US alone.

4 Likes

Commercial Real Estate - specifically retail and restaurant leasing/brokerage. Great industry, love being hands on with clients, and relatively stable in the DC area. One of those good ole you “reap what you sow” businesses.

I’m in corporate communications now. In my past life, worked in local news all across the country for about 15 years, first as an anchor and reporter and then behind the scenes in management - glad I’m out, social media has changed that industry, and not for the better. And I have MUCH better hours now.

1 Like

Yep we had the same type of grading systems. I remember getting 40s on tests and it equating to a high B. We had a few super geniuses that killed the curve though every test. Suspect they may have been cheating though as I know they used to pass tests from prior years to each other.

1 Like

Teacher during your time actually taught kids. Now it’s making tiktoks and complaining how they don’t get paid enough

2 Likes

This is definitely a funny thread.

I work at a cloud software company in a sales role. It’s interesting and I’m fortunate to have a good work life balance and get paid well.

Retired and currently a doctoral candidate.

4 Likes

I’ll jump in, as its extremely interesting so far to hear the careers list in this thread.
I work as a firefighter in a major US city. Decent pay, lots of time off for hobbies and family, the downside is the sleep part of it all.

4 Likes