What do you do for work?

There are a lot of very smart people on this forum who always share a wealth of information. I’ve learned a lot on here from all the likeminded individuals. Wanted to open up a discussion to see what people do for work and possibly this will inspire others to pursue their passions and dreams and maybe connect with others that share same interests.

I am a pharmacist by trade (if you can’t tell from my username lol). I am also very interested in entrepreneurship and still trying to get my feet wet and find something of interest to work on.

8 Likes

I browse leasehackr

47 Likes

I sell BMWs.

6 Likes

New or used? You work at BMW dealer?

2 Likes

New. Yes, I work at a Dealer.

3 Likes

Sometimes I sell companies and sometimes I sell Jeeps.

6 Likes

I spent a lifetime making electricity. I retired in 2019.

5 Likes

Main gig is partner in a growing fintech company that enables financial wellness and helps employees pick the right employee benefits at annual enrollment.

Numerous side hustles over the years, since 2007 small business reselling event tickets (it’s like flipping Jeeps!), marketing consulting (SEO, content creation and lead generation for small businesses) and consulting in the life and disability insurance industry (also occasionally sell a policy or two). Had an amazon business for a while on the side too that I’m glad to be done with.

5 Likes

Shift manager at McDonald’s….And part time FCA Timeshares

14 Likes

I spend my days (and alternate nights) producing the stuff pharmacists ultimately dispense.

4 Likes

I sometimes help the pharmacist dispense ‘the stuff’ by sending people to them to pick it up :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was initially in pet/ct radionuclide manufacturing then promoted to radiation safety officer for cardinal healths nuclear pharmacy division. Started a real estate investment company while in college (as opposed to paying to live in dorms). Always had a sales side hustles as well (watches, clothes, sneakers before it was cool). Serial entrepreneur but wanted a fall back plan just in case things didn’t pan out. Never saw myself working for someone else though…

Oh yeah also investing in precious metals for a lost decade. But things will turn around!

10 Likes

I do mechanical and system architecture design in the defense industry. Ran a small composites material development company for a while as well, but finally pulled the eject handles on that a couple years ago.

10 Likes

Mortgage lender :person_raising_hand:

1 Like

Are all the chemistry classes worth it in the end?
Kids are just dropping out left and right. Maybe it’s used to weed out the kids who continue in the pharmacy program :face_with_peeking_eye:

I make viewgraphs, I drink coffee.

And I am just amazed how well that pays !

Ochem weeds kids out from most programs…

Def one of the harder courses I ever had to take. Once it clicks it gets easier but initially it’s pretty brutal. There’s just so much memorization that makes things difficult. I’m better at applications then memorizing things

2 Likes

Ill second that. Ochem was rough.

1 Like

Play golf and fondle big breasted women

30 Likes

It’s stupid now. Teacher teach the stuff in class and then say go home and take the test.

1 Like