What are you driving?

Haha I upgraded from a 2019 C43 to 2020 M340i too! This car does everything so well that it blows the C43 out of the water. I also used to hate the transmission and the soft limiter in the C43! Only thing I miss is the sound from the C43, but it is a small price to pay!

I’m still rocking the Ioniq, which is not the worst new car I ever had. Just rolled over 3k miles. The hatch was very useful during this summer for my side gig, and we took it to Cape Cod and back on one tank of gas, about 600 miles. So excited I still have it, lol.

1 Like

7 Likes

Im driving nothing…I have no car.

2 Likes

2017 Jetta that i own, wife has a loan on a 2017 Outback. I just sold my '67 beetle with euro bumpers and lights :frowning:. No heater, my ass was freezing.

My Audi S4 lease is due next May and has 9000 miles on it lol. Gonna have to get some GM product as I just got an M&A job there. Thinking Sierra Denali

1 Like

I believe NJ is where the BMW NA corporate headquarters is located so I’m guessing since the vehicles are from corporate fleet that’s why they all have NJ plates

1 Like

You have nice stable. How do you like your ML? Are you going to replace the headbolts?

1 Like

Thanks. Haven’t had the ML very long yet. It has developed an oil leak and CEL in my short ownership thus far. I haven’t had time to mess with it, but will be opening the top to see which bolts are in there. If they are original, I’ll replace them. It is a silly fast and comfy machine, though. My kids prefer the Charger, however. They like how it sounds and drives vs the ML.

Oh god let’s not get started on headbolts.

@Qbrozen the 6.2’s are amazing minus the headbolts

My preference however is the e55 because it’s more “mod-able” than the N/A 6.2’s

They just don’t make them like the classic amg’s, one man one engine, loud a** v8.

1 Like

If you don’t need the extra room and aren’t dying to get another car, I’d just keep the Miata for now. I assume Mazda will con’t to produce the Miata (or something like the Miata) for the foreseeable future, but you never know.

I drive a 2018 Golf Sportwagen SE. I really like it, although I wouldn’t mind if it had another 20HP or so. I bought it b/c I stink at deal-making, was in a bit of a rush to buy a car, and dealers in my area were offering $5K off MSRP almost spontaneously. And the 6-yr warranty didn’t hurt, either. :slight_smile:

I only drive ~7 miles each day, and that’s not just the result of the pandemic. Don’t plan to be in the market until early 2024, but I’m thinking Volvo V60, VW ID.4, or VW GTI for my next car. Or maybe getting some reliable 2-3 yr old car CPO (financed) since I’ll never exceed the mileage portion of the warranty and don’t feel the need to get a new car every 2-3 yrs.

Was gonna say, I worked in 4 star hospitality, but I’ve never heard of BMW providing cars for a property, usually they lease them.

But still really cool! I’ve never seen that before and it’s always interesting to see how other properties operate!

My biggest complaint about the 6.2 would be how quiet it is. :wink:
I’ll get around to checking the bolts soon. Just trying to get caught up on some other stuff, and of course every week brings new things that take precedence. Sigh.

2018 Fusion SE 2.0, second fusion in a row, so I’m itching to get into my next lease in under 5 months. I really want to get an explorer next, but no clue how they’ll lease out, edge is nice too, have test driven both and they’re both great. Also eyeballing the GMC Acadia and terrain just in case. Then I have pipe dreams of a cheap Cadillac or Lincoln, but alas, who knows really? I get A plan with Ford, and I can get executive pricing with FCA but I just don’t love love FCA products, models are so old and not refreshed often. Vw arteon is also a pipe dream, it’s just so so nice. But leases look outrageous.

1 Like

We kind of interchange our cars freely since we’re both WFH full time and honestly don’t go anywhere without each other LOL

2014 Lexus GS350 w/ 130k miles (Bought an off-lease CPO in 11/2016 with ~33k miles)
2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Lease (24 months left on lease)

Itching to replace the GS (LOVE the car, but a bit outdated tech now)… Want to get a used Tesla Model S, or a new Q7/XC90, but honestly… I’m too cheap to pony up for the VA property taxes… The XC60 was over $1700 this year, but the GS was around $325

Summer Cars

1997 Honda Prelude Base
2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP

Both are manual and both are a hoot to drive in their own way. The Honda is the screamer that has to be kept north of 4K to have fun and the BMW and is as smooth as butter. I really enjoy both but have been driving the BMW more. Both cars had money poured into them this year with the Prelude getting a timing belt and all seals replaced while the ZHP had worn interior bits updated. With the interior taken care of I’ll be doing some routine maintenance next spring and getting an estimate on a front end respray. The Honda needs some of its suspension refreshed as well.

Daily Cars
2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road DC
2020 Acura RDX A-Spec

The Acura is driven primarily by my wife and I have the truck. We really like both, she loves the Acura. The lease is up on the truck in August and frankly I don’t know what is going to replace it. It’s been a great and versatile addition to the fleet and unless I get the itch to get a sports sedan, we’ll probably lease another Tacoma.

3 Likes

What I’m not currently driving:

2010 Boxster S 6MT

2 Likes

2 week old, new to me 2018 Buick Regal TourX. Was really looking forward to leasing, but if all goes well (or not so well, depending on how you look at it), I’ll be doing a lot of driving - 20k++ a year.
Wife’s driving an old ‘08 LS460 w/ 150k+ miles.
Kids - ‘11 CX9 and ‘08 Honda Fit.

3 Likes

Only have one lease right now, wife’s 2019 QX50. It’s up a year from now. Probably something similar when the time comes. I have a 2017 Subaru Legacy we bought CPO earlier this year that we’ll hand off to the older kid when he leaves for college in 2022. I have a 2002 F250 I keep holding on to (305k miles and still going strong). Will probably sell it off and move into a lease on an F150 when that time comes.

What kind of deal did you get on that? And how do you like it so far?