What are you driving?

I drive a Bolt LT and Taco Double Cab SR 4x4, the CFO drives a TIguan SE 4motion. When the Bolt is up it’ll be replaced with another cheap lease, it’s the commuter. When the Taco is up, maybe another Taco, the residuals are stupid on that car, if there’s a truck under $200/mo I’m in. The Taco is the weekend/skiing mountain car. When the Tiguan is done it’ll be replaced by some other SUV/Crossover with fake leather and heated seats. 3 cars under $600/mo, that’s how I roll. (32k/mi available year!)

4 Likes

2018 SQ5 (13 months left)
2020 Q3 (29 months left)

At Amangiri in Canyon Point, UT earlier this month

Up on Mt.Lemmon in Tucson where it snowed (finally) earlier this week

Next…Facelifted SQ5 or maybe the Q4 E-tron?

3 Likes

Haha what is going on with the amount of BMW’s in that first pic with the SQ5? Looks like a BMW dealership in the middle of nowhere. Was there a press event there or something?

50% sure that’s a UDE event, I recognize the 7 series in the back.

1 Like

Let’s see…

My daily driver is a 2019 i3 REx. I’ve had it for almost 14 months now of a 24 month lease. Way under miles - just crossed 3700 miles the other day. I absolutely love this car and I haven’t the foggiest idea what will replace it. I pay $225/month all in for it and I recognize that I will probably not find another car this cheap that I like this much ever again. Car is fun to drive, comfortable, reliable, and cheap to run (averaging $8-$10 a month electricity). That said, my eyes are always wandering and a tempting deal on an M340 or a 540 might sway me to make a move before lease end. Open to suggestions if anyone has one!

My wife drives a 2019 Outback 3.6 Limited. Also way under miles on this one (thanks COVID) at almost 18 months into a 36 month lease - just crossed 7k miles. We will have this right up until the end of the lease and all indications are that we will just lease another Outback. She can’t stand the luxury brands and loves the Subaru. It’s relatively inexpensive, reliable, and comfortable - not worth debating further!

And lastly I have a 2004 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT that just crossed 127.5k miles. Have had it for 9 months now and don’t see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. The perfect nicer weather and weekend driver - handles running errands and family stuff as well as it does tearing up back roads. Where the other cars are cheap and reliable as all get out, this one well…isn’t. Thankfully the previous owners were meticulous and I’ve been spared a lot of the horror of old German goodness. I’m sure it’ll throw a code tomorrow now that I said something…

Great topic - thanks for posting!

6 Likes

I mean the Honda passport meets all those. Sounds like the list my dad had and cross shopped them both, and he genuinely liked both in person, albeit he wanted to purchase.

then I shoved him into a v60cc…

Very brave. :slight_smile: I assume you have a good, independent mechanic…

None, looking for new leases near ohio. Currently driving scrambler :motorcycle:

Oh yes. I’m very lucky in that regard. I’ve put about 2500 miles on it since I bought it and other than bringing some things up to where I personally wanted, it has been great!

I’m still driving the Miata, which I leased in August 2018.

Really tempted to sell it to Carvana to cash out on the $2,500 in lease equity, as I feel like I’m missing out on these sky-high used car values.

At the same time, there’s no other new car that I would rather be driving for the same price. The only replacement I’ve considered is a single-pay Bolt EV, but that would purely be for practical and financial reasons. What do I do?? :thinking:

10 Likes

Well… that’s no way to live life…

Like most, I barely drive anywhere now, so I bought myself 2 vehicles with cash after transferring my 330xi lease and selling my Ioniq lease:
‘08 Hemi Orange Charger Daytona
‘07 ML63

Wife has 13 mos left on her 36-mo X2 lease, which will now be under miles. We really like the car. No idea what will replace it. Will depend on the deals at the time. She is a huge Volvo fan, though.

We also have a paid-for ‘14 Town & Country Limited that we bought new and is staying in the fleet for a very long time to come.

2 Likes

M340 I have only put on 2k miles in 6 months but almost all of those have been joy riding. I LOVE this car, brings a smile to my face every time I drive it. Only complaint is even in “comfort” the suspension is too stiff for me. However the C43 was worse. Also some of the materials are lacking for a 65K car.

3 Likes

Actually the resort (Amangiri) uses a fleet of BMW’s to transport guests who don’t have cars, guests can also “rent” them to use for sightseeing and right now they have multiple X7’s and 7-series, also a 6-series cabriolet and a 4-series GC.

1 Like

I’m set up right now with my Bolt Premier as my “daily”, but I’m only going around 7 miles/day back and forth to the train station. Only 326 miles put on it over the past two months. My wife has the Bolt LT now, pretty similar situation: 1,878 miles on it since February. My Gladiator gets mostly weekend and long range duty now, and it’s got around 3,300 miles on it since the end of April. And to think back in April I was concerned about having two cars with a mere 10k per year allowance each…

2 Likes

turned in my Giulia in June and don’t have a car since working from home. but I miss driving and want to get something eventually. Been looking at possibly an M240xi or a Supra if I can find winter tires for it

2017 MB GLE350 lease up next month. Would have been under my 7,500 mi/year lease pre-COVID. WAY under now. Thinking either an X5 or XC90 to replace. But I LOVE the look of the LR Discovery.

2019 XC60 with 15 months left on the lease.

All with NJ plates in UT :slight_smile:

I currently drive a 2018 Volvo XC90 which is up soon and love it so much. It’s been 3 years with this ride and so many compliments. I have my eyes on the 2021 BMW X6 MSport.
Wife drives a 2018 BMW X1, 13 months left and already been thing to have her switch to a 3 series.

2019 Volvo XC90 T6 Rdesign in bursting blue metallic. About 3,000 miles under, 17 months into a 36mo lease. No regrets. 3rd xc90 in my house after the 2016 redesign. Checks all the boxes I need but after so many xc90s I’m thinking I will change it up when this is done

Audi etron
BMW x7
BMW x5
Mercedes GLE
Lexus RX (had one in 2013 and it drove so nice)
???

Still have 18 months to look. But will try something new unless a new xc90 comes out and they lure me back!!

4 Likes