What are you cooking? Show us your creations šŸ”

Am I doing this right? I know I know, Iā€™m out of cucumbers. But look at that single perfect ice cube. :woozy_face:

5 Likes

cups too small. :100:

1 Like

All about the ratio IMHO, which makes great smalltalk at an airport bar. ā€œDouble Hendrickā€™s / single tonicā€ because absolutely nobody wants double tonic (who even wants a single serving of tonic?).

I am finishing up a very American ā€œBBQ pulled chicken and tater totsā€, and reducing the chicken bones to make soup, so there will be food. But the botanicals in a good gin are a great appetizer.

Ainā€™t an American bbq unless it walked on 4 legs

2 Likes

I had Brisket Friday night. Moo is the supreme meat species, but oink and cluck are up there.

1 Like

2 Likes

How is the Lunar? I have a bottle here I need to crack open next.

Itā€™s still sealed lol
This one is only sold at airports

1 Like

Anybody try this ?

Iā€™m waiting for my tots to be perfect, so quick head-to-head.

My Lunar didnā€™t have that plastic doo-dad that slows the pour so be careful.

The flavor profile is similar, but the Lunar lands and warms up like JƤegermeister - if that makes sense. Still botanical like a gin, but warms you like the bad decisions you can only make in your 20s.

I canā€™t imagine what the Amazonian tastes like.

Hendricks makes for a fantastic cucumber basil gimlet

3 Likes

Monkey 47 and I also liked Roku.

1 Like

Hmmm, not that I can recall. However, I do like the Black Label and I do NOT like the Red Label. :grin:

Iā€™d let you pour a drink. Nearly everything is better with a lime. Tell me the block was shaved. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Now I have to find Neptunia :smirk:

Edit: found at my local ABC. That was fast lol

1 Like

If you liked the Roku get this bottle:

https://theginisin.com/gin-reviews/ki-no-bi-gin/

1 Like

When I was traveling to your general area almost every week, I tried a lot of different regional gins. Brooklyn makes one that tastes like a Christmas tree (heavy heavy juniper) that I only drank in December.

1 Like

I didnā€™t personally cook this, but my boatman here in Coron did. Iā€™d never had parrotfish before but it was :100:

4 Likes

Peanut butter cookie dough.

I didnā€™t say ā€œpeanut butter cookies,ā€ becauseā€¦ why ruin a good thing?

Normally I use Neilsen-Massey Madagascar vanilla in baked goods, but I used the Tahitian here because it shines spectacularly in food that never encounters the heat of an oven or a stovetop (itā€™s also outstanding in whipped cream).

3 Likes

I did ruin a good thing. Levain Imitation cookies

3 Likes