What are you cooking? Show us your creations 🍔

I swung by a first-world Costco tonight: the line wrapped from the pumps the whole length of the gas station out to the access road (2 stop signs): 6 minutes from when I got in line to a pump, just over 10 from when I lined up to when I pulled away.

91 was $5.19/gal which is $0.80 less than most gas stations within 5 miles are currently. Saved more than $1/min. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

It took me 25 minutes to get gas at the Irvine location today. $4.80 though :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Lobster and Zafron Risotto

4 Likes

Spring time and looking for a new propane grill. Live in FL and looking to upgrade to a stainless variety. Leaning towards a Blaze. Any suggestions? Some of the food here is rocking btw!

PS: not interested in a charcoal debate (already have smoker)

Ohhh I gotta try this with plantains.

1 Like

Shakshuka time

6 Likes

This morning I improvised a potato onion soup to use up some items that have been squatting in the pantry for too long.

The result is as delicious as it is unphotogenic.

I’ll splash a couple of tablespoons of cream into each bowl when serving.

Cooked in the slow cooker for 4 hours on low:

• 2 large Vidalia onions, thickly sliced
  • 1 bulb of garlic, peeled
  • 1 cup of chicken broth
  • 2 ounces of butter
  • Salt and pepper

Separately, boiled for 30 minutes:

• 1# of russet potatoes, in
  • 2 cups of chicken broth

Then to the potatoes, added in:

• 2 8.5-ounce packages of cauliflower rice (finally figured out how to get rid of this awful stuff)

Added in:

• 1 quart of spicy vegetable broth (no idea why we had this)

Pureed it, 1/3 at a time, in the food processor.

4 Likes

Grilled pork loin with an improvised garlic-mango-habanero glaze.

5 Likes

The Original Rice Krispies Treats™

Nearly half gone in about three hours.

(Added half a bag of peanut butter chips for good measure)

3 Likes

Just got my solo stove Pi. Hoping to fire it up this weekend

How’d it go?

Peanut Popcorn Cake

I also added a handful of spiced gum drops, about a third of a bag of butterscotch chips and made it extra gooey by overshooting the recommended ratio of melted butter + marshmallows to everything else.

2 Likes

Reminds me of this Christmas classic.

How does it taste?

Like the best popcorn ball you’ve ever had (assuming you’ve had a popcorn ball, of course)!

1 Like

Really really good. Had about a dozen friends over for a pizza party. Everyone loved it and had a great time. If you get one, let me know and I’ll give you a referral for I think $50 off. Pro tip, use trader Joe dough if you don’t make your own

1 Like

Am I doing this right? I know I know, I’m out of cucumbers. But look at that single perfect ice cube. :woozy_face:

5 Likes

cups too small. :100:

1 Like

All about the ratio IMHO, which makes great smalltalk at an airport bar. “Double Hendrick’s / single tonic” because absolutely nobody wants double tonic (who even wants a single serving of tonic?).

I am finishing up a very American “BBQ pulled chicken and tater tots”, and reducing the chicken bones to make soup, so there will be food. But the botanicals in a good gin are a great appetizer.

Ain’t an American bbq unless it walked on 4 legs

2 Likes