What are you cooking? Show us your creations 🍔

6 Likes

This is one of those meals/snacks which we all secretly love, but isn’t sophisticated enough for admission. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s been a random food day.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Coffee and Arabic sweets (won’t specify the name to prevent a territory war ) for breakfast today.

4 Likes

Is the straw a customary practice? :grin:

The sweets look tempting, the top right reminds me of baklava ( :two_hearts:) at a glance. I’m not terribly well-versed in Arabic cuisine, so I won’t attempt a guess.

1 Like

Boeuf bourguignon (Julia Child’s recipe)

7 Likes

A bit off topic since I haven’t actually made these, but I’m definitely going to add this to my to-do list.

Riced Cauliflower with added Marinara Sauce
Roasted Kalua Pork
Tuna Salad Lettuce wrap, (hummus and avocado mayonnaise based)
Summer Fig Salad
Venison Burgers

1 Like

I loove good Kalua pork & tuna salad (no, not together :yum:).

1 Like

Instead of eating cereal or ordering takeout like a normal person
EggFried rice with quick pickled cucumbers and soon to be purple onions.

Congee with cucumber, omelette, and thousand year old egg.

4 Likes

We took a drive today and had an enormous lunch at Malabar Farm Restaurant , and after the Mediterranean goat cheese and warm pita appetizer followed by the filet mignon chasseur, garlic mashed potatoes and “American stir fry,” there was no room for dessert.

So when we got home I made a chocolate self-saucing cake from a recipe in today’s New York Times. (Sorry if there’s a paywall; I can post the recipe if there’s interest.)

This is basically a stiff sour cream/chocolate cake batter spread in a pan, that’s topped with a mixture of boiling water, cocoa and sugar right before going into the oven for 30 minutes.

The liquid topping seeps into the cake while it bakes and ends up in the bottom of the pan by the time the cake is finished baking.

I forgot to get ice cream but I had whipping cream in the house, so I made a small batch and served the cake with a dollop.

I made a mistake mid-recipe and decided to try to compensate rather than throw everything away and start over.

It was received as follows: “Wow, it looks like a giant square dog turd, but it’s delicious.”

7 Likes

Egg rolls from ALDI and some Soy Vay sauce Hoisin Garlic Marinade & Sauce | Soy Vay® .

6 Likes

Perfect bowl for presentation

And the sunset tonight… :slight_smile:

Countertop. Is that marble?
Yannick Bisson Reaction GIF by Murdoch Mysteries

Modifications:

• Added half a bag (total) of mini chocolate chips to both the berry and the mocha buttercreams (with additional for garnishing);
  • Skipped the raspberries on the top, because they weep after a day or two and make a terrible mess;
  • Substituted seedless strawberry jam for raspberry, since I had the former in the pantry.
3 Likes

Looks great. How did it taste?

1 Like

Which restaurant do you own? I’d love to stop by

1 Like

Gained a pound just looking at the pic.

5 Likes