What are the Ally's Credit Tier requirements? S,A,B,C,D

Just need to know S and A, but if you have answers please provide the rest for future readers///

I am thinking S is 720 plus?

A is between 675-700?

Anybody? Please help…

I couldn’t find the exact numbers, but I found some financial slides from 2016 that states the average FICO score for each group:

S - 757
A - 668
B - 641
C - 606

Also note that their tiers are based more on your ‘scorecard’ than on your FICO score alone. If you have a deep file with good installment pays and you have a good budget (LTV, PTI, DR) you will tier higher than someone who lacks that profile. While possible to have a terrible FICO score but a good scorecard, you can see by the averages that you’ll need both to get into the S tier.

2 Likes

Found that slide you were talking about. What happens when your bored lol. Actually its from a diff year.

1 Like

Keep in mind those scores are a trailing average and not a requirement/threshold.

What I like about this slide is that it shows the portfolio spread: in 2014 it was 30% B/C/D and 27% in 2015. It 70% of your paper is A+ you aren’t taking too much risk. I’d love to see the same years numbers across FCA’s portfolio (and now that it’s 2019, all their loss ratios).

Just use my favorite trick and ask to see the approval, but only after they tell you what tier you are, great way to catch liars.

2 Likes

Does anyone know which credit agency Ally pulls?