What am I missing on a 2020 Niro EV?

Hey guys, I have done the research and gotten all the info I felt I needed to lease a 20 Niro. Unfortunately around me all the dealers have only 1 on the lot and Kia wont let them sell it…according to 3 I’ve contacted anyways. So I ventured out and I did my calculator and I come up with about 11% discount, $12000 incentive, tax, dealer fees and all and paying $1000 at signing I come up with about $290 a month. But the places I’ve contacted outside my area that have multiple on the lot are stating $500 a month??
$45K MSRP
24m 10k miles
3% tax
Any input is gratefully accepted, thanks

Sounds like they don’t want to give you an 11% discount. Have they given a breakdown of the incentives and such in their offer?

Because they feel that you have deep pockets.

Try a broker, your payout of $290 sounds right for 1k down. (could be better)
And no Kia EV is worth $500 leased. Even the incentives should kick it down to less than 400 without negotiation.

Yea, the dealer that offered $505 is stating full sticker but even at that price it shows like $429?? I was set on $290 or less but oh well. I will sit this one out, auto industry sucks for us lease hackers!

Are you talking about the ex or the premium? $45K is between the two.

Yes, they want full sticker and wont budge

Premium, they had 6 of them

The premium is a crappy lease. The ex would be around your numbers but the premium will be high 300’s at best unless you get lucky. dealers not really motivated to sell at much better that 5% off right now.

1 Like

Sounds more like you are going to have to take a ‘trip’ to get that payment. I don’t know May’s numbers but if they are the same as April you should be able to get a EV-P for about $300 or so. That’s why a broker is powerful. The good ones already have prenegotiated numbers.

Thanks, I was kind of thinking that. Charlotte area must be top 5% worst cities to lease in. Ive my fair share in last 5 years. Any broker recommendations that can get me an EX around $200? Looking to go full EV for cheap…like everyone else, haha.

The one who always comes up for east coast is @aronchi , PM him and see if you have to do a little drive up to NJ to grab one.
Do not go to Florida, it has too many regulations down there.

1 Like

So I worked with 2 dealers yesterday all day and best I can get is $375 a mo, 24/10 on an EX with $41500 msrp. I’ve reached out to a couple brokers but got no response. Would have been nice to have landed a deal this week, I’m in NC and there ain’t no gas! Haha

The 36 month term will be cheaper. You won’t get near 10% off imo. Aim for 6-7% off on a 36/10. Plug the numbers into the calculator and see if they work for you. Also consider shopping around DC.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve looked both ways, 24 and 36. Pretty similar. Even using the dealers advertised website price, I get $270 a mo. Thats the max I will pay but they are still $98 over that. I told them I have the math in front of me and its simple numbers. They said thats the price and they arent budging. I’ve contacted places up to about 5 hours from me. I have only received a response from 3 out of 12?? Either they are too good to sell a car or they read my email and think “Uh oh, this guy kind of knows what he’s doing and we wont make a $5k profit!” I work at a Subaru dealer and ran a $28k Crosstrek lease yesterday with manager, $330 a mo, no bueno.

Which unstackable set of incentives are they using to get to their advertised price? One must be a new grad in the past three weeks and a veteran of at least 3 different land conflicts?

1 Like

Haha, right?! No, they claim 8% off msrp, no bs…until you try and actually buy it, then they are $1k over sticker due to demand. Hmm…so thats why you have 6x 2020 NEW cars on your lot?

Have you tried trucar? The dealers might also be willing to budge come the end of the month if it makes the difference on their volume bonus

I did, the latest dealer just said a hysterical response. So they were at $369, I was $260. Thats 8.5% off msrp. Sales manager emails me and says what do they need to do to sell me the car? I said, $260? He says with that number, they’d lose $250. I said no you wont, you still have a $700 dealer fee and whatnot. But then I said, dude its a 2020, we are half way into 2021 and I will cover that “loss” and do $275 a month. He said they would sell it all day at no profit but he wont lose money, thanks for checking with us and good luck on your purchase.
Huh? Did I not just come up about $350??

Bananas. They see their empty pipeline and are scared to death that if they sell these cars too cheap they won’t have any cars to sell to suckers with lots of profit. I wouldn’t be surprised if they start calling you again in a week or two

1 Like

Was thinking the same. In Charlotte, I havent found gas in 2 days! I have 2 days left in my old Land Cruiser tank…