Welcome to @tech_crew!

Thank you for joining @tech_crew — a team of programmers who are interested in contributing their tech skills for the benefit of the Leasehackr community. We think this is a great place for tech folks to meet each other and for others to connect with the tech talents who share their interest in discovering a great deal. Please introduce yourself with your tech background — and let’s start hacking!

20 Likes

Thanks @littleviolette I’ll start: full-stack engineer, old timer, if you will - .NET and .NET Core frameworks, SQL, web services, RESTfull APIs, although haven’t done much UI lately, so usually still sticking with WebForms and some MVC.

12 Likes

I suppose I’ll chime in next and keep the party going!

I’ve only been in the space for 8 years - currently I’m a product manager in the clinical trial software world, but I’ve got SQL, Java, Python, Ruby, and JS experience to bring to the table, as well as some recent dabbling in Swift 5.3. UI/UX is the majority of my day, so def can help there, but generally glad to help in any way I can!

9 Likes

Hi,

I’m a computer security researcher. I do a lot of rapid prototyping, and a lot less real software engineering. I prefer esoteric languages like Prolog, OCaml, and Scala, but sadly have to do a lot of programming in C++.

I forgot to mention that I do a lot of data analysis too.

7 Likes

I did not come from a programming background – just taught myself enough HTML, CSS, Javascript, and command-line language to keep this site up and running with the sheer force of curiosity and passion. Can’t wait to learn from everyone here and see what is possible!

8 Likes

Nice. Me ? No, no. No tech background. I was just curious to what the tech_crew sign meant with @DG-X5 name and when clicked, it led me here. Im amazed to see such great people coming together, i tried learning C+ like 2 decades ago and was ready to kill myself. Anyways Good Luck Guys !

2 Likes

Learned it in college, felt the same way as you.

I’ve been in the tech industry for 2 years. I mostly have experience with Java/Spring microservices and Ruby on Rails apps, but I’m trying to expand my skills across full stack development. I haven’t contributed to any of the great work from the tech crew so far, but I hope to get involved soon.

2 Likes

We need to make a LH app

2 Likes

Honestly the mobile website feels pretty good to me. The forum engine LH uses is much nicer than most other forums

5 Likes

Add the app to home page if you have an iPhone it makes the formatting so much better.

Okay! Got it!

We already have. Its amazing. The mobile website. Allows you to do all the same stuff seemingly from your cell.

Hi there, folks. I just joined. I’m a full-stack web dev with ~2 years of experience with JS and PHP.

I also sold cars for about 3 years and and I’m currently trying to get into the broker game, but hitting some hurdles along the way.

2 Likes

Hello,
I am a middleware developer with 9 years of experience in programming. Have been on this LH for 2 years and leased a car with help of experts over here and going to lease again in a month😀

3 Likes

Welcome to @tech_crew! Glad to see our numbers are growing! If anyone wants to help out with inventory search app efforts that are ongoing, the code is here: https://github.com/clasys/CarScrapper
I could certainly use some help in adding more dealers to configuration. Let me know if you’re interested.

Hi Everyone!

Thanks Victoria for the add into the group here.

While I don’t directly code, I work as a hands on information security engineer. This would be setting up firewalls, advising clients of risk, vulnerability scanning, in certain cases PenTesting and working on ransomware incident response.

I also worked as a Sysadmin before this, managing Windows Server, SQL Boxes, and Windows workstation administration. Strong familiarly with networking/switching as well.

Excited to be here and bring a security-focused mindset to Leasehack(e)r.

Welcome @nyy8. Do you look at web apps at all? You’d be surprised how much useful information can be hidden in dealer and car manufacturer websites… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @tech_crew & @littleviolette, thank you for having me on-board!

I started working at an automotive marketing/tech company, AutoLoop, a little under a decade ago. Initially I was focused on getting data out from Dealership DMS’s to power our platform that eventually served several thousand franchised dealers & direct OEMs - Deals / ROs / Appointments / Parts / Customer data. I ended up working in Quality Assurance and had my hands in all areas of our software platform. I worked very closely on our Equity Mining tool, AutoQuote, and that made connecting with the LeaseHackr community very fulfilling.

At work, I worked on .NET / Angular on a big monolith codebase/infrastructure and dabbled in JavaScript, Flutter/Dart & Python outside of it. I do enjoy working on API’s - mostly Restful, not GraphQL.

I have built a few mobile apps so far, but one that’s most relevant here is ScanThatCar. It returns a VIN from a License Plate and gives you a bit of a mini CarFax-like report. Besides that, I built the WaitingForTesla bot/site/community thingy.

I no longer work in the automotive industry, but it’s one that I am very passionate about. If I can be of any assistance here, feel free to include me and I’d love to offer any assistance I can.

9 Likes

Thingy…

2 Likes

Really loving the collaborative energy and the hacking culture here! :smiley:

1 Like