Weirdest things said by dealers "You're still important to us."

“You can’t buy your lease, it’s a lease!”

1 Like

nbc GIF by The Blacklist

2 Likes

CCAP doesn’t allow 3rd party buyouts.

7 Likes

“We can buy CCAP leases but only with a minimum of 1000 miles on the odometer. “

1 Like

“29% off? If he buys it we will do 30% off”

1 Like

Really short-term lease?

Typo?

5 Likes

“We’re not charging you for ceramic paint protection”

Sure.

1 Like

Well, that’s totally true.

1 Like

3 years term lol

Many years ago I went into Toyota to inquire about a Corolla purchase. Toyota had advertised a deal online but I didn’t mention it to the dealer because it had just come out and I was curious (back when I was naive about these sorts of things) if the dealer would match or beat it. The spend hours breaking me down over a deal only to finally come back and offer me the exact online deal, saying “look, I had to BEG my GM to get this price.” Followed by my waffling and the salesman saying “This is a one time offer. If you don’t take this now I’m not going to be able to offer it to you again.”

3 Likes

There was an attempt made to create a sense of urgency.

The attempt failed.

1 Like

Well they didn’t say if they took the deal or not…

no even if didn’t know how the salesmen worked at that point I still knew he was BS’ing me.

In 2021 I had a Chevy dealer in central Indiana tell me that it’s illegal for them to share lease offers with me over email, and I had to come in to the dealership if I wanted to see their offer

And guess what guys, I’m still in jail for it :frowning:

18 Likes

michael jackson GIF

2 Likes

9 Likes

Id just forward them the nmac msds document and tell them they need a new manager.

6 Likes

I had one Infiniti dealer: “Sorry, but unfortunately we do not participate in multiple security deposits. Please let me know if you would like to proceed without them.”

2 Likes

Id much rather a dealer say “we dont want to deal with them” than “they dont exist”

7 Likes