Weirdest things said by dealers "You're still important to us."

Just had this one two days ago “We paid top dollar for this car and shipping, there’s no room to negotiate.”

They got the car on auction sold from a Land Rover dealer in Georgia. 2018 Macan GTS w/ 58k miles.

3 Likes

Incorrect I signed digital at chapsies

Your both right. IIRC PA law still requires the registration document (MV-1) to be printed using the old school carbon paper. I’ve signed everything else with Chapman digitally though.

So far this is my favorite. It’s such a nice way of telling someone to jump off a cliff.

1 Like

So did I. They have a carbon dot for some documents though.

2 Likes

“My manager asked me to reach out before he ran the numbers. Do you happen to be a reader of a website called LeaseHackr? He just wanted to warn you that the details there were wrong.”

28 Likes

Mercedes got their wish when they asked dealers to push the eq series lol

2 Likes

So many west coast dealers sitting with 100ish EQSs on the lots today (sedan + suv), I wonder how its gonna go next month.

3 Likes

Those are ‘23s - still have a year to move tgem

1 Like

Exactly. This should end Mar 31

Sir that GR Corolla is highly limited and first one arriving will be $70,000.

5 Likes

F22F7B61-9447-45C9-96EC-4A7FEDDDE2B3

1 Like

2007 called, they want their GIFs back.

7 Likes

I’m no longer interested in the .

16 Likes

But the [Period] car is a luxury vehicle and is selling out fast, Hurry before it’s gone!

1 Like

11 Likes

tenor (1)

3 Likes

I was just emailing with a sales guy who asked for my zip code to pull up incentives so I replied with my offer on the vehicle, laying out all the rebates and terms I wanted. Out of nowhere the owner of the dealership replied to the thread saying “Give this guy a job, he knows more than you Adam (the sales guy)”. I didn’t get a yes or no yet but at least I got a laugh.

30 Likes

That’s not weird, that’s awesome lol

5 Likes

I don’t know if it bodes well though. The last time I had an owner involved in a transaction (at my outreach due to some mutual employment connections) he passed me over to a sales manager that gave me one of the crappiest offers I received during that particular hunt!

2 Likes