Website not loading on Safari browsers

resolved it, thanks

This fixed it for me on mobile and clear cache on my desktop fixed it in chrome.

Same issue with the Brave browser on iOS mobile, clearing cache seems to have resolved it.

thought i got banned lol

3 Likes

On Edge today it took me multiple tries to get the website to load. Clicking on links/objects would update the URL but would have no website movement. Took me a few tries to get to login page.
Clearing browser cache did not have an effect initially but after restart did help

I already cleared history and cache on safari. Any way to get the top/latest posts bar back when scrolling ? Loved that feature.

same on ios safari and firefox pc. cleared history worked on both.

was having same issue with chrome on pc, clearing cookies/history worked

Anyone else have issues accessing anything but main page on forum.leasehackr on Brave browser?

Website not loading on Safari browsers
And other browsers as well.

Reset cookies, it appears the update uses new cookies and the site went out of sync.

So this only happened yesterday/today, not from 2-3 days ago?

We updated the software 3 days ago. We are trying to see whether the issue is related to the update or something else. Thanks everyone for reporting the issue to us!

It started exactly like 3 days ago @littleviolette

1 Like

Definitely related to the update, IMO.

This new loading screen is apart of the update?

I’m still having probs on iOS. Even when the site loads, I don’t see my avatar (and there’s not even a way for me to sign in, as far as I can tell).

When I click on a post, I get taken to a new page, but nothing related to the specific page content posts (so I get the banner and the footer about other posts, but I see no content in the thread itself).

Screenshot:

I’m not getting the full banner, and I’m not getting a horizontal scrollbar.

Have you tried what I suggested above?

I use Brave as my default and was also having problems. I just deleted the app and redownloaded and it seemed to fix the problem. I thought it was just me

Yeah, that’s how it appeared for me as well before I cleared cookies/history.

You mean in post #11? I just tried it, it seems to work.

I did that, and it still wasn’t working (more specifically, it would work immediately and then stop working after quitting the app and restarting). I had to do what @Rodriges did in post #11. Seems to be okay so far.