We need a rant thread (to vent our frustration)

Lol! I only have their cell

Not their handle

Totally which is why I was about to take it… But still a little messed up that they came at me first with MSRP. They knew it had miles on it but still came at me first with MSRP, not cool.

https://www.openroadchevrolet.com/new-Union-2019-Chevrolet-Corvette+Stingray-Z51+3LT-1G1YL2D76K5115620
^^ I can’t find anywhere on there that says it has miles on it. Also it’s not a lot of mileage but it’s a manual corvette. Reasonable to think the GM was riding the hell out of that thing knowing for sure it wasn’t his car…

Funny enough this dealer advertised a brand new car even though it has miles on it. Last week I had another dealer that advertised a car with 1001 miles on it. I was totally stoked because I thought I’d be able to negotiate a better deal… So I go through the motions and we are going through the numbers and I’m like, the residual will be affected because of the mileage and he tells me, “oh this car has like 20 miles on it. We advertise it with 1001 miles because BMW doesn’t allow us to put a discounted sales price on our website. If it’s “used” we can advertise a lower price.” - More lies…

1 Like

I’d give the folks at MacMulkin in Nashua NH a shot

After your post the other day (That’s why I started checking out the vette’s) I looked at their site and they don’t have any manual’s that I find. Also out of the 20 corvettes they have, 10 are red and 10 are white. I was a little confused about that. They must really like those colors to keep ordering them haha

1 Like

A few of mine:

1. Car salesman tried to convince me that ABS was a terrible thing for a car to have. This was in mid-2000s.
  2. From multiple salespeople, incorrect information about competitor models, also stating next year’s model is the same when in fact its getting redesigned.
  3. Car dealer tell me they only discuss price in person because “thats where the customer has all the leverage.”
  4. Sales manager telling me a lease quote from another dealer wasn’t a real lease, but a loan.

No wonder customers love the Tesla model. This is why non-savvy people treat car dealers terribly, because they’ve been treated terribly in the past.

1 Like

Same guys?

Usually they stock 100+ Vettes

Right now I see 48 in stock and 10 manuals

That silver one must have been added yesterday. All the manuals are white and 1 silver. I’m checking out the silver now.

Edit: I must have passed the silver one because my monitor sucks and the picture makes it look white.
It’s also got a red interior (There goes the white and red theme again) - So I’ll pass.

I’m most likely getting a Z4 m40 if @nyclife can hook me up again :wink:

1 Like

So we’ll start with one of the more tame stories.

So, one dead weekday afternoon I got a phone-pop from a customer claiming to have an employee PIN on a F-Pace, and wanted to lease an F-Pace S we had in stock. I set the appointment for a Saturday afternoon at 10:00AM and had all the paperwork done ahead of time at the clients request (which usually takes an hour-ish from start to finish). Saturday rolls around and she shows up at 1:00PM, which is peak traffic time for dealers on the weekend. It is a middle aged woman (pregnant) and her sister. I don’t know how to word this politically but it was obvious that the sister is a recovering addict. No problem with that whatsoever, but she is completely rude and batsh*t crazy. At this point I’m juggling clients, but fortunately my coworker Charles was available to take a turn until I had finished my handover to a client coming out of finance.

I introduced myself first, the pregnant sister who is buying the car is totally chill, but it is apparent that her sister is a complete psycho. She literally said something along the lines of “I’m yelp elite, so if this goes well I will leave you and amazing review, so make sure it goes well for us” within the first few minutes of chatting. I found the way she said it odd; her tone seemed almost threatening.

Before they arrived I figured the client was a no-show as she didn’t want to send credit ahead of time and completely ghosted me so I beached the car in the back of the dealership. I finished my handover and took the clients back and found out that Charles couldn’t find the car and it had disappeared. It was the weekend and this dealership is particularly limited with parking onsite, so the porters took the car back to the satellite lot. Only problem is the satellite lot where Jaguars are kept is 10 minutes down the freeway at an apartment complex, rather than across the street like our Land Rovers. I informed the clients and the crazy sister was completely rude and condescending, telling me that I “should have had your shit together, we told you we didn’t want to be here all day”.

It takes me 20 or so minutes to get the car back to the store. When I make it back (drenched in sweat at this point from running around in a suit in 100* weather) I get nothing but attitude and snarky remarks, but the client seems to like the car. The sister, like any third baseman has to chime in and loses her mind over the red interior. She wouldn’t stop saying how “gaudy” it looked and that it was “trying too hard to look like a sports car.” My dumbass then decides to say something along the lines of “Well, your sister is the one buying the car, let’s let her make the decision”. Needless to say she was offended and went full psycho and convinced her sister not to buy the car because of the red interior.

Luckily our sister store just 20 minutes down the road had an identical car with black interior, and we had actually done a same day dealer trade with them (although we sold them a Sport for an IOU, we didn’t take anything back). They said it would be no issue sending us an F-Pace (not exactly hot merchandise at the time) and told us they were sending a porter with the car. I informed the clients the trade was initiated and gave them suggestions for lunch (they mentioned how they were “foodies” like 9 times). I suggested a restaurant called Javier’s that was located close to the dealership and told them the car should be here in an hour or so. They leave but I keep them updated via text.

About fifty minutes go by and no car, so I go to call the client again with an update but it goes straight to voicemail. No word calls back from the sales manager at our sister store either but that is to be expected at this time on a Saturday. I try texting but it stopped sending, and I noticed she completely blocked my phone number. We got through to the sales manager at the sister store shortly after and they informed us that they sold the car to a fresh up and were not trading it. Come to find out my clients went straight to our sister store and got there before the porters left with the car and bought it (after I spent 4-ish hours of my time running around getting cars and doing paperwork). A few days later she leaves this wonderful misleading yelp review for me, and sends an email to my sales manager recommending my termination. Due to the fact that she was yelp elite, and the review got votes it stayed at the very top of our dealerships yelp page for 8 whole months.

Ironically I now work at the dealership that screwed me, and work directly below the sales manager that fudged the trade. I’m still a bit salty about it.

All of this, for a deal that would have grossed the store a whopping $500 before commission payout and pack (would have been a $0 profit deal to flush an aged unit)

If you guys found this amusing, I’ll leave a poll about some more highlights that I can write about

• Screaming match in the middle of the showroom + GM
  • Fight with a cowboy
  • Pastor throws a stapler
  • Handicap controls into the back of an SVR
0 voters
5 Likes

Would have been my red flag times 1000 and found a way to hit the eject button lol

7 Likes

As I was reading that, it reminded me of @Cody_Carter’s friend Brooklyn for some reason. :laughing:

7 Likes

I made a joke about how I only had 5 star reviews from yelp elite before at my old store and showed her (I was new to Jaguar Land Rover at this point). It was odd, but customers are odd in general so you just have to roll with it.

1 Like

I’m just starting to read this, I need some popcorn. Will update after finishing.

Update: No popcorn, can’t wake up the family, but people flexing Yelp is like a major major red flag, I work in the entertainment/hospitality industry and ex amusement park industry, so when I say it’s one of many red flags, I mean more than six flags Atlantic City level of red flags. Kind of like the car, it’s nice to be able to steer orders and conversation at work, but I HATE it when people talk out of their ass, and try and steer.

1 Like

I hate when ppl who won’t drive the car make the decisions about the purchase.

I had a similar but opposite issue when we were looking for a car for my wife & the sales person kept talking to me about the car & I had to tell him, I’m not buying it, explain it to her… It’s her car. I will talk to you when we talk $$ lol

1 Like

They are the worst. Especially the “buddies” that are self proclaimed “car guys” and come along with friends and do all the talking and negotiating.

5 Likes

great… I was thinking about her today too. Clearing my voicemails and I still have the crazy ones she left saved…

4 Likes

Oh man, for real? You need to disclose that person here and we need to kick him or her out!

I forgot to put the time our old dealer groups IT Director was caught on a homemade “To catch a predator” youtube video in the polls. He thought he was meeting a 12 year old boy he met on Grindr. A bunch of local teens lured him to a parking lot and harassed him to the point that he was hysterically crying. Caught him driving away in a Discovery Sport with dealer plates on it. Needless to say he was terminated, but there was a very awkward week that went by before it happened.

He was a jerk, legitimately yelled at me on my first day at work for using my own peripherals. Once threw my sales managers monitor in the trash because it wasn’t company supplied (mind you the screens we had were literally 12x12 squares and the computers were from 2004 running windows vista).

We all had that video loop for weeks before it was deleted.

Shoutout to Pendragon PLC.

3 Likes

It was over the phone so no idea what their username was

I still vote for the pastor

2 Likes

I want to hear about the pastor and the cowboy lol

1 Like