Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

That’s a mistake, they’ll never honor that.

I got $13,500 for mine (~85,000 miles), private party, one year ago and thought I’d won the game of life.

1 Like

Could be photoshopped too.

I just can’t believe that 1 model year older Rouge fetches more than a Taco.

Sell sell sell!!! :sunglasses:

fwiw - it’s a rogue. rouge is makeup.

3 Likes

You have any doubts it is? :smirk:
Mike’s response to Rogue abuse in another thread.

3 Likes

It has to be some glitch. They offered 52K for my 2019 x4 m40 with 70K MSRP.

If it’s Carvana
They been lowballing lately

No it’s Vroom. Carvana and Carmax offered 6K more.

Carvana has been insanely low lately. They lost a ton of market cap this month so maybe they’re scaling back operations. On tundras that even my dealer will pay 42k for they are in the 34k range all week!

5 Likes

I feel that Carvana is a house of cards. If they can’t get inventory, sales will decline and stock price will crumble.

1 Like

Not a used car data point, but someone in SoCal paid 750 for a round of golf at a public course…

Donald Duck Money GIF

My former post, now closed and likely in wrong spot because I have no clue where to post on this site…

For what it’s worth, for those truly interested in a follow-up…

Eventually,
CarGurus made offer for $30,909
Carvana was $27,846.
CarMax $27,400.
CarFax $23,880
Vroom was $24,797

For a 3-year old car, this made me very happy to make money off of a deal.

I went down to one-car at home. But due to family health/medical emergencies, ended up buying a car for emergencies. Too many times I was stuck at home where wife had car at hospital, emergency room, and I could not get there.

Got a 2001 Highlander in very good condition. I love these things. That’s my fifth Highlander. And currently 100% Highlander for all four of my current cars. (Two with children away; and two at home)

So, with the contractual payoff of almost $17,000, a $31,000 buyout was a nice thing to pad my cash reserves with. Of course, taxes, title, insurance etc still apply.

2 Likes

None of these places can buy out your Honda lease unless you purchase it from Honda first.

Edit: looks like that was covered in your previous thread

2 Likes

Probably a star athlete…they’re not too bright y’know.

1 Like

Or some tik tok/instagram/youtuber type.

1 Like

Yes sorry the discussion of the topic is a bit disjointed across the way this form works. But I did have to buy it and pay sales tax. But still in the end it was worth it to gain many thousands of dollars of cash. I did not do that with my other CRV lease that I also sold recently. It would’ve been a hassle for me to come out ahead just about 1000 or $2000. I really didn’t want to take time for that amount.

1 Like

I’m going through the same with my Honda passport. Carvana is coming to pick it up next weekend. They had the highest offer out of everyone, including cargurus

2 Likes