Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

is this for 2022 models only? either way crazy good news

dam I’m hoping for this kind of discount for Mercedes soon.

1 Like

Aren’t these pretty similar to broker deals overall? Or are these Cali and generally tougher markets and that’s why it’s notable

I find these round numbers off MSRP very suspicious. I am guessing it’s net of all available incentives. Not that it’s impossible, but are they going to give you 6k off 62K MSRP X5 or 85K MSRP? JFYI, if this is South Bay CA they don’t do out of state deals.

2 Likes

Correct. Discounts are rarely if ever flat numbers across the board like this. It’s a gimmick. True discounts are typically taken based on invoice etc. so every msrp would have a different discount. I’d imagine if these numbers are legit they’re taken off the highest msrp of each model.

My tundra dealer does like 2000 off invoice so everything depends on where that invoice is. Higher msrp will usually get a higher discount.

4 Likes

2022’s been long gone, bud.

3 Likes

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-leasing-plummeted-during-pandemic-could-take-years-to-recover-11674875959?st=9s78hng8w4nn9ga&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

This along with people paying markups on new cars and getting low rates means people SHOULD be keeping their cars longer. That will lead to the used market staying a bit inflated, but also might make it so more incentives from the manufacturer and banks come to entice people to get a new car. Could spell good hacks in the next couple years. Let’s hope!

2 Likes

Navy Fed rates aren’t…terrible

1 Like

Sorry for paywall but the subheading says enough. What kinda of fake news power grab is this?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/car-leasing-plummeted-during-pandemic-could-take-years-to-recover-11674875959

It’s accurate from what I’m seeing. My lease volume is down 50% since covid, pretty sure most brokers are seeing more purchases then leases as well.

4 Likes

I’m gonna say 30% on my end but our focus brands are typically lease heavy due to maintenance and repair concerns out of warranty.

2 Likes

It’s down so much Lease Companion even had to change their name :flushed:

14 Likes

Didn’t Audi get rid of the “complimentary maintenance”? If other companies followed that, wouldn’t leasing be a turn off?

Credit Union Companion
Balloon Loan Companion

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess I was just too hyper focused on the Stellantis fire sales.

The first service (10k) was complimentary when I leased my '18 A4. No complimentary service on my '21 A6. I added Audicare on both cars, so it was not a big deal for me.

Mercedes has never had complimentary service. Only BMW continues to offer free oil changes on new cars.

1 Like

And Toyota?

Do they? I thought that was part of a VSA.

Toyota includes two years free maintenance (basically two oil changes), and Lexus includes the six month and one year service (also basically one oil change). Beginning with 2023 models, Acura now includes 2 year/24k service.

1 Like

I was just focused on German brands.

1 Like