Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carvana-stock-soars-why-185249744.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9uZXdzLmdvb2dsZS5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMLMpI7AAi_YsOw_zD85dZcBwzWVz18VFtvxpbEJ8WrqEIEwGu10V1RwkGOXN-qHOJrBQd26icYrjhzGlVBcfqvb6lhOIKzSnLmb-9Yw5lNQmrULeLK9TIm_nPUn9QIwr706y96qebRk-U-JRIQ3NcJzvPf_hQcAEet4Pxi7MztK

I believe the market experts call this the dead cat bounce.

1 Like

Was at Costco today and was mind blown at this
I emailed them and ask what kind of bs are they trying to pull on the customers

Since when is a Jeep worth 90k

2 Likes

Dead cat bounce was 4-8 in early jan. This might actually have some reasoning behind it. I only have 1000 shares so I have no dog in the race but I don’t think they’re going out of business completely. I just knew they were way overvalued at 100, 200, 300 and shorted it accordingly.

2 Likes

It has the SWAT package. WTH :thinking:

1 Like

It’s advertising fee.

Sealed With a Tweet?

1 Like

Crown dodge might be the worst dealer in the nation. 50k markup on a havoc trx right now

1 Like

Going up with other garbage, nothing to see here folks

need to get a car for the lady…

2019 lexus es 350 with <40k miles for $32k-33k…msrp is $48k-49…
seems like it’s back to pre pandemic pricing but still has room to fall…wait it out?

I say wait it out or make the dealer an offer.

You long or short the current market overall? I’m about to jump in to some of the leveraged short etfs if the economy does begin to really deteriorate. I believe the poor underlying economic numbers haven’t materialized yet and when they do, down we go. Just my slightly educated opinion lol.

1 Like

I guess you would say long. My retirement is mostly large cap high divi stocks. I don’t have personal cash in the market right now besides some precious metals and commodity etfs.

I don’t see prices crashing. Too much cash out there. Could be a correction but high prices are the new normal…can’t print 20 trillion and not have inflation.

4 Likes

Be very careful with that. The Market is 6-12 months ahead, so by the time the news is out it may be too late to do what you are thinking. Home builders are a perfect example - everyone knows that 2023 won’t be a good year but they are trading near 52 week highs.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t do that with any amount of money you can’t afford to lose and not miss it later.

1 Like

A friend of a friend living in MA ordered a model 3, due in part to to the $10k discount off MSRP (including $7500 federal + state rebates). ETA is some time in March. I believe the MSRP is below $55k in order to qualify for tax rebate in MA.

agreed. This isnt my first rodeo. My short positions would only be a small portion of my portfolio. Short term outlook incase we make another leg lower to test last years lows. May or may not happen. I have my 15+ year long positions that are still I great shape despite recent pullbacks. thanks for the input :slight_smile:

very nice short.

That is accurate

https://mor-ev.org/

Wait it out. Cars from 2019 like the ES will drop below $30k.

2 Likes

Yup, a massive price crash is incoming. The entire world market is about to self-correct. if you have money it will be great time to buy stuff.

We’ve been hearing that for the past 2… Even 3 years.

3 Likes