Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

it absolutely does. perhaps its megatrons underacheiving little brother.

They’re the bad guys on the Gobots. You kids and your fancy Transformers.

4 Likes

wow, gobots, completely forgot about them. yea, they were pretty lame in comparison to the transformers. Pretty sure we all had that one friend who had gobots and made fun of him bc of it.

At one point I had several of both. Playing with Transformers was like, “in order to create an insurgency among these humans, we have to get these Energy Conductors back to Iacon”.

With GoBots it was more like “I robot pew pew now I am car vroom vroom”.

Good way to teach kids about perfect substitutes in economics.

1 Like

Could you provide more info on this bmw recycling strategy?

Sure, see here:

How are you making out with the Gladiator? I’m guessing you’ve got a decent amount of equity there if you can find a way to tap into it, thanks to US Bank.

Don’t forget to wipe with your mask on :joy:

Amusing that it’s now nearing April 2022, and everyone still believes the world is going to end.

Anxious to see if the Glad gets the 4xE treatment…THAT would tip the scales in heavy favor for me.

1 Like

Your wish is only a sawzall away.

2 Likes

Could turn my commuter into a trailer for my Jeep, ala ‘Hacksaw’ Reynolds:

Reynolds earned his nickname in 1969 by cutting an abandoned 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air (some accounts claim it was a Porsche) in half with a hacksaw after his previously unbeaten University of Tennessee team returned from an embarrassing 38-0 road loss to Ole Miss. “I came back to school and I was very upset,” Reynolds said. “I had to do something to relieve my frustration.” He decided to turn the abandoned car into a trailer for his newly purchased Jeep. After working through the night on the project, chewing through 13 hacksaw blades, he returned the next day with some teammates to show off his handiwork. However, when they arrived, both halves of the car were gone. For the remainder of his career, the nickname stuck.

1 Like

Now would a 4xe/Gladiator hack job help or hurt when it comes to flipping these?

Buyout is 35k.

KBB was 42k a month ago, now 40k.

Got an offer a month ago for about 38k, I’m sure that’s down to 36k by now.

I’ll probably end up turning it in normally in April. I think used truck prices are going to drop more than the 1k in equity I have now.

*car is registered in CA before any one tells me about sales tax on buyout.

I sold a leased car to a local dealer for 35.5k Dec 2021.
Now (as of March 2022) they are pricing it at 34.5k. I think there is some room for negotiation. Maybe one can get that car at 33k now.

1 Like

What kind of car?

mercedes c300 2019

Most buyers at the auctions are most likely “illegally”…there.
*Large factory dealers have 1-2 employed buyers at the auctions.
*The small used car lots have 5-10+ paying buyers. LOL

If you think buying a vehicle is shady, the auctions are even more shady.

No BMW from Europe?
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/bmws-european-production-takes-big-hit-ukraine-crisis-supply-disruption

Mini in worse shape. iX/4 is priority.

I think the short answer at this point is yes…we have seen “peak insanity”. Things are a little less insane today than they were 2-3 months ago. The used car prices are still crazy high…just not as crazy as they were. Pricing was making small steps towards “normal” pricing for a bit but it’s been slowed due to the Ukraine situation. Just what I’ve seen anyways…