Was This Finally “Peak Insanity” in Used Vehicle Prices? And all other crystal ball questions

Can report that honda / acura are still slashing allocations and production significantly. no, this is not peak insanity yet. it will get worse.

6 Likes

Next flip hack: Honda HR-V. Calling it now.

1 Like

MDXs at my selling price were actually flippable. it’s insane…

5 Likes

So you’re saying I’m not wrong…

1 Like

I’ve been getting offers of almost msrp on my 2019 passport

4 Likes

Nobody racked up the losses she did in 2021

How you play that portfolio and end the year down 20 points is a bad luck miracle.

3 Likes
2 Likes

F!@* Him!

Maybe Billy Ray Valentine has the answers to this post…or at least knows where to get a GI Joe with a Kung-Fu grip…

The insanity seems to be somewhat coming off the peak…

My personal data point for taco from vroom only

10/21 - 40k
1/22 - 37 k

Toyota inventory has been getting better. I have some tacos at 500 off msrp out west.

So you can get a new one for as much as used now via the online retailers. No brainer

2 Likes

Peak insanity in leasing won’t be reached until people stop gaslighting these garbage deals as great ones.

$700+ effective for a friggin 530i is apparently “too good to be true”

2 Likes

At best this maybe a dip, but that’s not unusual for January. Wait until the tax returns starting flowing.

4 Likes

Yeah i saw that in your thread …

That’s some good sign…

2 Likes

Thought your were NE? What is ‘out west’? Cali, Idaho, Colorado?

1 Like

I have dealers on the west coast at msrp and 500 off Tacoma. With inventory shortages I picked up some more dealers to offer more for my clients. Shipping from the east coast is getting expensive.

Any of those states would work. Shipping is cheaper then east coast to get them there.

3 Likes

As @mattevan would say,

capital attracts capital

3 Likes

Don’t think peak insanity is over yet. Have a ways to go…

Anyone watch the Mecum auctions this week?

1 Like

Any particular data point or it’s your personal opinion?

Don’t see a let down in demand, as of right now. That’s my data point. And, dealers are not wanting to let go of their low stock of new vehicles unless you’re dumb enough to pay the extra markups. And, they are paying crazy amounts for used ones

Silly demand for used high end cars, go watch the auction and tell me the peak insanity level isn’t climbing. Don’t need no stinking charts and supposed expert opinions. Keep your eyes open, that’s all that’s needed.

Hey folks,

Did you see any signal that market is getting any better or in the near future? Have been shopping for a while but I am not in “need it now” scenario.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like