Walked out during negotiation 22 BMW 330i

Hi everyone.

I was checking BMW 330i. I did the test drive and wanted to discuss the price.

With annual milage of 10k/36 months / 0 down payment
Selling Price : $46,570
Fees/ Taxes : $2,352
AddOn : $815
Capcost : $49,824.64
Residual Vaue : 58%
Money Factor .00163

resulting $842.52 per month

I asked him if there is ANY discount can be made. Dealer said since the market is favorable to the sellers, they are not going to make any discount on the price of the car or the money factor.
Before I went into the dealership, I researched and on my area, MF was around .00123. So I asked him if there is any way that they can match that. He said no.
At this point, I felt like there was no point continueing the conversation, so I just thanked for his time and walked out.

What do you guys think? was it a reasonable offer?
I didn’t feel like it was reasonable that even in current market that he didn’t even leave a room for negotiation.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have walked in without the deal already done

41 Likes

the dealer suggested to come in and set up an appointment.
But I will make sure to have a deal before going in next time

better to connect with one of the brokers here rather than waste time with dealers right now IMO.

23 Likes

Dealer will always suggest you come in. That’s where they have all the power and you’re on their turf. I usually will only go in to test drive the car. They usually give me preliminary numbers that are always awful. Thank them, walk away, and continue the process over email, preferably cross-shopping a few different dealers.

For the deal, I think it’s totally fair to at the very worst expect MSRP + base money factor. I have seen some folks getting 2-3% off 330i but that might be a stretch depending on your location. Also tell them to remove the “AddOn”.

Using the base numbers, plug it into the Leasehackr calculator and see what number you’re getting. That should give you a rough estimate of the range you’d be looking at.

8 Likes

He did mention they are not even sure when the next shipment was suppose to arrive, so must be why they are not willing to negotiate. Thank you for the advice.

I wouldn’t even doubt him on that, seeing the inventory issue has continued. But, I think that’s even more reason to cross-shop another dealer with better inventory.

1 Like

What made you conclude a 330i was a worthwhile target for all this time and effort?

The RV, MF and incentives range from poor to cr@p so…?

3 Likes

I recently signed on a 2022 330i in December. Here’s the details:

MSRP: $44,790
Selling Price: $42,500
Monthly Payment: $518 + tax
Drive-Off Amount: $2330
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: 0.00111
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $1000(College Grad)

Got mine in SoCal

2 Likes

Damn…I remember paying 360 for my 2019 330 and thinking I overpaid. Prices now are :peanuts: nutss

2 Likes

Tell me about it. I miss the days when i got my 2018 330i loaner for 294 a month….

3 Likes

Same here. Got my 2018 330 loaner for $354.
I just bought it for $24k last week. Might be my last lease if things don’t change.

1 Like

I was at $224/mo in my 2018 330e. :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

You should have negotiated BEFORE the test drive. Then find faults to the car during the drive and use these to reduce the selling price.

They get cars every day just about. Don’t be fooled

1 Like

Not a fair comparison, not only were F30’s being given away by dealers but the rebates on them were nothing short of insane.

There was many instances where one could get within spitting distance of the residual (deal would be kicked back going past that)

1 Like

And most of those cars are already sold.

3 Likes

This doesn’t make sense, why negotiate, which means you settle on a price, then drive it and talk up the faults? Is your method to then re-negotiate?

Exactly. Get lower price. That is also why you get the price before the test drive. Then go from there.

I second that approach and have done that my last two leases. Once you know what car you want, telephone and email are your friends.