Volvo xc90 vs Lexus RX deal check

Then lets work on that. Theres nothing more valuable for you to learn when trying to get a good deal than being able to determine what that actually is.

You can not effectively negotiate if you dont know what the deal you have in front of you is and where youre trying to be.

2 Likes

Maximize your equity and then put that down towards financing a new RX.

That’s a relatively more transparent transaction and less likely you’ll be ripped off.

1 Like

Let’s do it! How do I do it?

Theres a great video in the leasing 101 that covers the basics:

Assuming $10K trade equity (since you’ve written that in other thread[s]), your actual DAS is, like, $10K, not $478?

What payment are you looking for on the car?

Anything under 700 a month.

What do distributed antenna systems have to do with this?

DAS = due at signing.

My due at signing is 850.

If you have positive equity in the car and the dealer isn’t cutting you a check, that means that you are effectively giving that equity over at signing.

Your effective DAS is the $850 + the positive equity of the car.

4 Likes

That makes sense. So I guess it’s a bad deal then? I should just sell the car to caravana or something and keep looking ?

None of your offers are even remotely close to that payment. Are these the only 2 cars you’re stuck on.

Lexus can be had at around 750 a month for 72 months with 10k down, granted the lexus is at msrp.

Just use a broker, there are plenty in your region offering volvos. Take your equity as a check, not roll it into the next lease. You don’t HAVE to sell your current vehicle to the dealer facilitating the next deal. What folks are trying to tell you is get quotes from multiple online entities.

Please look here for brokers. All are reputable and legit:

This thread will show you the numerous places to value your current car:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/list-of-places-to-sell-or-value-your-car-online/396451/146

3rd: READ READ READ. Learn how leases and the calculator works. This has been said numerous times.

2 Likes

What if the value of the car on the websites is less than what the dealer is offering me? Should I just ask the dealer for cash then?

Why do you want to specifically sell it to a dealer? You have carvana, carmax, vroom, driveway

Is the lexus dealer giving you the new RX for msrp or is there a discount?

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

4 Likes

Been trying to get a response from OP about this.

@vermanatorx - Care to address this?

1 Like

I don’t have the knowledge or memory that other posters here do, but my impression is that other people have posted offers of a similar monthly WITHOUT any trade equity. So, yes, I think your deal is actually quite awful.

You can do a search on the forum to see what other recent XC90 deals have been. You can also, as others have mentioned, look at or even reach out to highly-rated brokers to see what they can offer (and to get a sense of what a fair deal is), if there is time pressure to get a new lease.

I don’t know if you should sell to Carvana/etc. or to a dealer. I do know that you need to be looking at the total cost of the lease (including equity) to be able to get a better sense of your whether your deal is fair or not and whether you should sell to dealer vs. 3rd party. The dealer may offer you more… but what if they are leasing you the car (minus the trade) at a much higher price otherwise?

The other posts here have given you lots of info about how to evaluate the deal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.