Volvo xc90 vs Lexus RX deal check

EDIT: Leased a volvo xc90 ultimate trim for 847 a month with 0 down (including taxes, etc…). Traded in my 2020 lexus 300h with 31k miles for 10k. Best offer I got off care sales sites was 4-6k. Thanks for all the help guys!

Please forgive me if I don’t have all the details correct I will edit if needed.

I plan to trade in my old Lexus 2020 300h which I am leasing and the buy out is 28,600. With 31k miles on it.

Lease terms for both vehicles I am looking for are:
0 down, 36 months, 10k miles.

Looking at a Volvo xc90 ultimate trim:
MSRP: 71,515
I didn’t get a money factor or a RV from the dealer
4422 off MSRP

For the Lexus rx it is a premium trim
MSRP: 55,675
478 due at signing
922.58 a month
Rv: $35,632
Cap cost: -$4,111
They did not value my trade so I think the monthly price will be even lower.

If needed I can ask for more info from the dealers.

How much should the lease be based on that discount, the current programs as they apply to you, and no trade?

How much did all the online buying services offer for the trade?

For the Volvo I’ve been offered 1,100 a month for the luxury. I get 1,422 discount, 5,500 for the trade I think, 500 for the medical field.

For the Lexus it’s just the trade in value and it’s been valued around 33,000.

I didnt ask what you have been offered. I asked what the lease should be based on the listed discount. I’m asking that specifically so that you establish a target baseline to actually compare offers against.

Who valued the trade at $33k?

What is the selling price of the Lexus? Btw, this lease deal looks terrible. If you like the RX, you might be better off financing it since Lexus holds its value pretty well.

4 Likes

Have you seen this?

3 Likes

The Volvo dealer

Why does the deal look terrible? What would make a deal good?

You are missing a lot of necessary info. For one, we don’t have even know if you are referring to a 2022 or 2023 Lexus RX. That makes a big difference.

3 Likes

First of, you’re missing a lot of information such as:

1. :point_up_2::point_up_2:
  2. What are the lease terms? 3 years/10k miles per year?
  3. Is your monthly payment pre or post tax?
  4. What is the Money Factor being used? Is it the base MF?
  5. What does the due at signing cover?

Are you seriously asking why paying $900+ month with more than $4k as a down payment to lease a $54k RX is a bad deal?

Again without knowing the actual selling price and all the other info I listed above, we cannot properly evaluate your deal. However, from the numbers you have provided, it looks awful.

3 Likes

If you answer the questions I’m asking, this will all be clear.

I’m trying desperately to lead a horse to water here.

3 Likes

Here is my advice - stop talking to dealers and do some basic reading: Leasing 101 — EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR. There are articles that go over the basics of leasing.

2 Likes

Before I did my first car lease in 2019 I made a commitment to myself to not lease anything unless I could explain to my spouse or a friend why it was such a great deal.

The single most useful skill I picked up to get there was how to gather all of the necessary data and then input it into the LH Calculator correctly.

Your first post is missing a lot of basic info. For example, no one here knows your sales tax rate, registration/license/govt fees, the prevailing doc fee in your market, etc. That’s before we get to the missing RV and MF. :slight_smile:

And unless my eyes deceive me, we don’t know how many months or miles are in the lease term.

I would pause and decide if you want to figure out how the calculations work, or hire a quality broker. Both are valid paths forward.

7 Likes

People love to downplay the importance of this, but I don’t think one can stress enough how beneficial it is to actually know what the deal you’re trying to compare even is.

3 Likes

Volvo luxury trim? You mean ULTIMATE trim. Volvos are all considered “luxury” BTW.

2 Likes

What is the discount on the Lexus?

Good luck getting a response from OP.

1 Like

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

I have a response!! I have a response!!! I was working. I’m sorry!

Volvo xc90 ultimate. 36 month lease, 897 a month, 900 at signing including all taxes and fees. MSRP: 71,115.00. Discount 3000, rebate 2000. Trade allowance 34,500. Trade difference 31,615. My car buy off is 28,600, 31k miles.

Doc fee is 450, tax 650, non tax fee1,183 MF: 0.00294. RV: 35k.

Should be more of a discount there on the XC90