Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription or GLC 300

Yeah,will see tomorrow what dealer says

I said that i will sign today and asked to email work sheet.He will show me all details in person but not email.So,will go in the evening

I wouldn’t want to work with this dealer.

1 Like

Hmm. Any guess on the negative side? They would change something in last minute? But they offered good discount right

If you are confident that you can understand any changes in the numbers and can walk out if something is not right, then go.

1 Like

We don’t know that - you never got the selling price from them. We got to the selling price by getting all other numbers from Edmunds and matching to their $520/mo with $520 DAS

1 Like

Generally this means “I will only show you some of the info, while in a high pressure sales environment, so I can convince you that the mediocre deal I’m offering is actually better than you think it is and that the numbers you thought you knew were incorrect, but you can’t verify easily since you’re already in the dealership and being rushed into things”

2 Likes

ok,i will try not to fall:)

This is what I got from them
for 24 months. Going to sign today
Due at sign : 5,650= 5,150 MSD + 500( This includes first month payment)
Monthly: 528.47$

I don’t understand why the tax is 146.41$. Shouldn’t it be 3%? Trying to create calculation on this

There is no way it is $528/mo on 24/12 at 61%/0.00048. It is around $665/mo with 9 MSDs
Also - MSDs are wrong. Should be $4,950 (9 x $550).

That “Cash Down” is classic BS. You have no idea what they include there. MSDs should not be shown there because they go to VCFS.

Edumunds says residual is 63% and dealer quoted as 61% and also tax is only 147$

So, you really have no idea what your dealer is doing. Even on 63% it is $617/mo

He texted me saying 5,150$ is MSD and 500$ is first payment.So,total is 5,650.I dont understand what to do.Should I ask them why residual is not matching and tax is not 3%?

I’ve never seen MSDs show up in that “cash down” section. Considering the numbers don’t add up right as well, it sounds like they’re doing something wrong.

1 Like

Put his numbers on 24/12 into calculator and see for yourself. You will be over $130/mo higher than $528. At best - he’s mistaken and gave you 36 months quote.
Again - $5,150 MSDs are also wrong.
The RV in his screenshot corresponds to 59%. Is it a loaner?

This whole thing is a mess and you should have listen to the first response in this thread from @mllcb42

My apologies.I wasted all your time.Sales person didnt understand difference between MSD and cash down.Accountant mixed different quotes and now he says that it’s going to be around 611$ for 24 months and 520$ for 36 months with max MSD

So, take 36/12 at $520. 10% is good discount nowadays as I said before.

1 Like

Actually,I liked the short term.My current Alfa romeo lease is 24 months.Will wait to see.I am ok to take GLC 300 for 36 months but Volvo makes me think. Dont understand if i am correct :mask:

In USD, the $ sign goes in front of the number. Just saying. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Noted sir🙊

1 Like