Volvo XC60 Questions & Advice

Yes, I’m trying several dealers at this point. They are all saying not to Costco + Military Bonus. And they are also saying that the MSDs are based on the pre-MSD payment. So, the monthly payment would have to be less than $500/mo before any of the MSDs are applied in order to reduce the MSDs.

I have a new offer from a different dealer. Discount is better, MF is better, MSRP is lower…because it’s a T6 Momentum instead of Inscription. I think I might be willing to give up the features to save $33/month. Please let me know how this looks @Ursus

Thanks!

You got them to come down 16.5% on MSRP? Tell me more.

I have a Costco code and I’ve talked to several dealers: I won’t take a Chinese XC60 (preference) and there are nearly 0 Swedish built on ground. V60 is my first choice but literally only 1 in US built how I want, that dealer is across country. I would ship it but the deal is mid-700s/mo terrible (just landed so not inclined to give away).

My Costco Volvo dealer has 1 Swedish XC60 that I would compromise and take, but they are only 8% off MSRP. Had I known I would flip to an XC60 and they had the car I wouldn’t have mentioned Costco there but can’t unring that bell.

Curious how you haggled them down that far. I haven’t even seen many XC90s discounted that much.

So you get 10% off + $1,000 Costco + $2,500 Volvo allowances. I’d say good deal, but I would still try for another $500 and tell them you’ll sign right away. Some rebates/allowances are taxable in CA, so you need to remove them from the selling price and enter into appropriate Taxed/Untaxed incentives boxes.

So after much deliberation, I decided that I really prefer the Inscription over the Momentum…even if it’s going to cost me an extra $33/month. I’ll skip Starbucks a couple of times/week, and it will even out :wink: I know that the other deal was a little bit better, but sometimes it comes down to just getting the car you really want.

Thank you for all of your help!

2 Likes

Inscription is better. Show them MOM offer and ask to match. They will do under $400/mo at least :grin:

I showed them. They seriously won’t budge.

1 Like

It’s a strong deal and you tried. You also got extra 1k Costco with almost 10% off. Congrats!

Thanks again!

One more question. I remember reading here (and now I can’t find it) that some people purchase some extra warranty (?) plan for Volvos…but they do it online from a dealer somewhere other than where they purchased. Does this ring a bell? Is it something I should look into? I’ve never had a Volvo, so no idea here.

Yeah, @AP919 posted about a dealer in Vermont (or NH?) who sells it. I don’t purchase this, but depends on how you drive and look after your car.
Edit: Rhode Island :grin:

1 Like

What’s the warranty for? Wear and tear? Or are we talking an extended powertrain warranty?

This is the deal I signed yesterday:

It’s a really nice car! Thanks for all of the help.

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m trying to negotiate my first lease on an XC60 T5 Inscription. My best offer so far is

Any thoughts on whether I can do better? Also would appreciate any tips on maximizing the value out of my 2016 BMW 435i Gran Coupe lease (29k miles, no accidents) as part of this new lease. Thanks much in advance!

• EZ

That MF Is seriously marked up. Also, 11% off after incentives is a horrible deal. You should check out the T6 Inscription. Depending on where you are, there are a lot more incentives on the T6. I think it’s around $3,000 more.

1 Like

How much effect, if any, can I have on the money factor other than with MSDs?

With regard to MSRP, this offer used Costco pricing + $1750 incentives for the roughly 11% discount to the sales price. How much can I reasonably expect the dealer to drop?

Okay, so you have two entirely different things going on now.

1. All you can do is make sure you have the MF correct, as opposed to an inflated one. The only other way to “discount” it is to put down MSDs (so long as the lease doesn’t originate in NY). It would have been nice for me to say, “hey, I want the MF of the T5 MOM, because it’s half this,” but no dice on that.

2. It really depends on the dealer. Some dealers are willing to go below the fixed price from Costco. Others are not. As @Ursus has said, it may not make sense to do Costco unless you’re getting the enhanced Costco money of $3,000 on either a T6 R-design or T6 Inscription S60.

1 Like

Thinking about signing this deal, any comments?

That’s an amazing deal. I just got 14.6% off last month on 57k xc60. In MD where we pay sales tax on purchase price. Run and take it