Volvo XC60 Questions & Advice

I’ve only leased BMWs before, so I’m lost when it comes to Volvos. Please be kind :slight_smile: Here are my questions:

1. I believe the Costco deal is 6% off MSRP + $1000 incentive. Wouldn’t I be better off trying to negotiate ~10% on my own?

2. USAA discount is $500. Can I negotiate my own price, then get both the USAA and Volvo lease cash offers? Or do I have to take the USAA discount of 5% off MSRP in order to use the $500 lease cash?

3. I’m thinking 10% off MSRP (before any incentives) would be a good target. Does this seem right?

Thank you very much!

1. Yes ($1K for most but S60, which is $3K)
  2. Yes, and you should - for the first part of your question.
  3. Yes.

$1,000 for MOM. $3,000 is only for R-design and Inscription. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, correct. Who wants MOM, anyway when you can have S60 T6 Insr/R for almost 2018 330i payments? But he’s not even talking about S60, I think. XC60 in the title.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. Yes, XC60 (not S60)…and I’m a she :slight_smile:

I also checked the A-plan site, and it looks the same as Costco except you only get $750 instead of $1000.

Again, I’ve never dealt with Volvo before, only BMW. So to summarize:

• Shoot for 10% off MSRP before incentives
  • Then take $1000 off for Volvo factory incentive
  • Then take $500 for USAA incentive
  • Max out MSDs

Please let me know if this seems like the correct plan, or if I am missing any angles before I start to negotiate. Thanks again.

Sorry for that, I can only tell that @AP919 is a she :slight_smile:
Yes, go with Costco, not a-plan. This way you can combine 10% discount with $1,000 Costco cash (according to @nyclife) and get $250 more than on a-plan +$500 USAA + all Volvo local incentives.
Post your offers here when you get them. Good luck.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Volvo XC90 lease help needed

Now I’m confused. I thought it was either negotiate my own deal or go with Costco’s 6%.

Are you saying I could first negotiate my best deal, then after we agree to the price, ask for the $1000 Costco, $500 USAA, and $1000 Volvo cash?

Well, now we all confused, thanks to Quentin lol

So, if Costco did not change from last year -

1. then it is 6% + $1,000 Costco cash.

If Costco program did change, as Q said -
2. then it can be anything below 6% + $1,000 Costco cash.

But in the case #1 dealers can still sell below invoice at their own peril, and still make money.
So I think you should negotiate your best price and then show them Costco, and see if they take it.

1 Like

Was there any resolution on the question as to whether or not I can negotiate my own discount and still get the $1000 Costco cash?

Only if the dealer is willing to risk a chargeback. I was told it was in a memo 3 times (to state the point) at my dealer, clearly stating fixed pricing.

In your case, I would go with Costco and get 12% off + all incentives without negotiation. This way there should not be any monkey business on dealer’s part

1 Like

Where does 12% off come from? Isn’t Costco 6%?

There is 3k Costco cash (6%) on @AP919’s 50k S60 T6 Inscr, so total is 12% + all incentives

1 Like

But I want an XC60…so it’s only $1000 Costco cash. So I was thinking I’d be better off trying to negotiate 10% off (or more?) on my own, plus $1000 from Volvo and $500 USAA. Right?

Right. I was replying to @AP919

1 Like

Update: I have contacted 4 Volvo dealers who all have vehicles that would meet my needs. 2 dealers have responded and said that the Costco deal is the best they can offer. 2 other dealers have not replied with any pricing information at all.

Do I have unrealistic expectations to be able to negotiate a deal that’s better than Costco? Maybe I am just used to BMW…but I have never found it so difficult to get someone to let me buy a car from them. It’s like they have a sales prevention department (so, so, so different from BMW).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

I was wondering if the “experts” could please take a look at this deal I have on the table? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can also add 10 MSDs, but those aren’t listed here.

Is anybody able to weigh in on this, please? :slight_smile: @Ursus?

So, $46,070 includes $1,000 Volvo allowance and $500 USAA for a 10% dealer discount? I guess it’s OK considering low incentives. But I would wait. Too much for a T5, IMO. Did you check incentives on a T6? They are much higher, at least in NE, mid-Atlantic and in FL. Also, check the MF on Edmunds - I don’t think I’ve seen .00073 there.