Volvo XC40 lease

I know these aren’t leasing well especially the 2020s. How’s this? I get slightly different numbers with the calculator.

30%20AM|690x454

That doesn’t look like the correct a-plan price. The supplemental advertising and foundation donation are not a-plan charges, and there is also an a-plan bonus of $750.

Advertisement is part of invoice, and they cannot charge anything but the a-plan price on a-plan deal anyway. With or without advertisement.
He may not be even doing a-plan, they just gave him the invoice.

Fair enough. I figured the a plan price listing on the bottom was because it was a plan

Seems like allot for a car that size. So let me put my salesmen hat on, what payment would you do a deal on this car?

She :slightly_smiling_face:
Is Costco A-plan the best I can do pricewise? They gave me invoice and a price they claimed was both Costco and Truecar but then did come down a bit.

See the link to the lease offer.

It is a lot for this car. That’s why I’m also considering a two year lease on a Stelvio.
I want to be in the 400s with 0 down. Shared the feedback above with them and now at $544.

I

There isn’t Costco right now. It ended a month or two ago.

Do you have a-plan through an employer or anything?

I don’t know what A-plan is… just figured it was same as Costco. Shed some light?

3 Likes

A-plan is like an employee discount arrangement, generally between Volvo and large companies. https://aplanbyvolvo.com/

Costco, when it’s offered, usually looks pretty similar to a-plan, but can have different rules. It’s a moot point currently as there is no current Costco volvo offer.

They’re giving you about a 4% discount right now. There should be plenty of room for improvement on that. Yah, the XC40 is unlikely to have as big of discounts as the bigger volvos (XC60s tend to lease cheaper), but that’s been changing a lot over the past month or two.

Sorry. @mllcb42 explained about Costco and a-plan. Is there a reason why you want 2020? Maybe you can get a better discount on a 2019. There was someone here picking up a nice deal on a '19 loaner recently.

Yes I hear you. The 2019s have better deals. I’m unfortunately really into the new Thunder Grey color. How do I find out if we have a-plan? My husband works for LA County which is a huge employer.

You can ask your dealer or your husband can ask HR. Alternatively, you can contact a-plan with the employer’s name by email.
But a-plan only gives you invoice pricing and $750 cash on most models, while you can negotiate better discount on any Volvo without it.

2 Likes

You think I can do better than that on a 2020 XC40? What kind of discount should I expect since they’re not leasing well. I may just purchase instead.

$750 cash in addition to other incentives?

Yes. Check Edmund’s for the market value in your area.

Yes, $750 on top of the others. On an xc40, to do better than a plan, you’ll need to negotiate about 7% off MSRP. Find a car you want, offer to lease the car at 10% off pre incentive, and see if anyone will play. You can always fall back on a plan if it doesn’t work out. You’ve got nothing to lose and there are plenty of so cal dealers that deal aggressively (Culver City, rusnak, mission Viejo, Ontario) if you talk to the right person there.

Yes, you can. I wouldn’t buy it though.

Why not? Expensive repairs?