Volvo will phase-out all Leather by 2030

The last “must have” feature on my list

Most auto-grade leather is crap anyway. Starts looking really beat after 4 years, especially the drivers’ seat. You need bentley grade “hides” if you want something that will not start cracking and delaminating.

Many of the synthetics are great and hold up better than the split grain rat leather cars have. And I’d rather have high grade fabric than leather any day, but maybe I’m weird.

Teslas have Fart Mode. Taycans do not.

Taycan < Tesla.

1 Like

Fart mode??

My free Bolt has ambient lighting in any color I want as long as it’s blue, with the chance of “bonus” red and orange hues if I get unlucky charging it!

6 Likes

I don’t need 80s disco in my car :grin:

1 Like

Cuz 70’s disco was where it was at…

2 Likes

**Ferraris :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I was gonna say that we haven’t seen you around in a while and that it’s possible that you may have moved onto Bugattis…

3 Likes

he left us peasants behind.

1 Like

1 Like

https://www.wsj.com/articles/volvo-cars-unveils-plan-to-list-in-stockholm-11633346350

2 Likes

“that people familiar with the matter say”

Where have I heard this before?

Did you read the whole article?

Negative, no account. Still the quote is usually used as code for propaganda incoming.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Volvo said it aims to raise about 25 billion kronor, equivalent to $2.86 billion, from the issue of new shares. Geely could also sell an unspecified number of its shares. Volvo didn’t provide a target valuation of the entire company following any IPO, or say what percentage stake Geely would retain. Geely has previously indicated it would likely remain a major shareholder after any offering.

The proceeds of the IPO will go toward financing Volvo’s efforts to transform its fleet into a fully electric one. It will also invest in battery supply in Europe, the U.S. and China and in the in-house production of electric motors.
“The intention here is to secure the future of the company,” Volvo Cars Chief Executive Hakan Samuelsson said in an interview. “Volvo will be an electric car company.”

Today, Volvo is profitable, with a road map for electric-model rollouts that is ahead of some competitors. Its brand is back in fashion in the U.S. and elsewhere. It now competes with German premium brands, including BMW maker Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Volkswagen AG’s Audi brand and Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz.

Volvo said Monday that its sales in the first nine months of the year rose 18% to 530,649 vehicles, and that it expects to sell more than a million vehicles a year by mid-decade.

Volvo said last month that it expected to own close to 50% of the combined company after the completion of Polestar’s merger with Gores Guggenheim Inc.
The Polestar deal generated a pathway for Volvo to pursue its own offering by assigning a value of about $10 billion to its stake.

1 Like

Just a little something to add

1 Like