Volvo S60 2018 outgoing model opinions?

Supply and demand. The XC40 is a full pop car, probably for 6-12 more months.

That was my thing with Volvo as well. I test drove the S60 about a year ago and actually liked the ingress/egress better than the s90, but couldn’t hack a deal for under 300/mth on a 38k s60, the residual was so bad. For a few dollars more I could have a 61k T6 S90 with all of the new tech. The inner miser in me could not pass up that “value” whether it was perceived or not.

Yes, same here. And roof on the S90 seems lower.

Have a 2015 s60 inscription, 36mo/10k paying $310/mo including tax,zero drive off in SoCal. Thought it was a steal at the time.

Hate the Nav system, it’s a bad rotary input, not touch screen, is it improved? Can do pull ahead but not sure I want another s60. What are the deals now in SoCal?

Can you give us numbers Weedy?

In NY
2500 total DAS
$411 36 months/ 15k miles
That’s for inscription platinum AWD

The 2018 S60s are the same car as the 2015.5s on up. Same nav. If you already have a destination saved or in the history, it’s easy to retrieve with a few clicks of the wheel in the right steering wheel spoke.

You can do up to 9 months pull ahead, if you qualify (almost everybody does). A dealer has to check in the 360 Portal. Pull ahead is not compatible with the $500 lease loyalty rebate.

You might want to check out the 2019 S60 before you jump. They should start arriving next month. Decent lease program on the T5s, but no incentives other than loyalty OR pull ahead. If you like the car, you could wait until the end of your current lease to order one. By then the deals should be better as the allocations will be known.

Sorry to break it to you, but you are wrong again. This is only partially true. In NE it is compatible. But not compatible in Mid-Atlantic. That’s all I know, no idea about other regions.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I spoke to a dealer in NY just now, who sent me the loyalty bulletin ending Oct 1st and concede you are correct on this. I am quite surprised- I didn’t think something like this would vary, as I try not to post statements that are nationwide without feeling that they’re accurate. I have learned to condition some statements as applying to NorCal and AZ, as that is the territory that applies to me. The first thing I did was look at our loyalty bulletin and it is a western region bulletin, so a lot of things are potentially regional.

The 500+ employee thing came right from the head of A-Plan, so I would be stunned if that’s not the case. So maybe you should hold off a bit on your assessment that I’m wrong there. I was surprised by that recent development as well, having gotten people that belong to companies with less than 500 employees A-Plan.

“A few other instances” is a cop out- please name the instances, otherwise it’s just your opinion. I’ve caught you with a lot more incorrect information. It winds up as an argument, you start making it personal, then you bury it in the landfill. Seems like when you’re wrong and get busted, you hide it there.

Hope this thread gets back on the rails :slight_smile:

Here is what my local dealership offered upon request for lease numbers for 2018 s60 inscription platinum, no other details were provided…

MSRP = $45,595
Sale Price = $36,500

With $1,000 cash down your payment for 36 months at 10,000 miles per year is $485.38 including tax.
You will be covered under the full Factory Warranty and your scheduled services will be included for the entire term of the Lease.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

For that price, you can lease 2 accords touring 1.5T lol

1 Like

The Inscription deal I created above has an MSRP of $45K, selling price (after incentives) of $33,900, $0 down ($1,003 estimated DAS for 1st month’s payment, license, etc), and a payment of $416 including 9% tax. I suspect their cash DAS could be higher than $1,000 if it’s just down (capitalized cost reduction), but even if it’s not, their payment is a lot higher.

My question for anyone looking at leasing at the end of a model year before a significant update is how you will feel in 6 months when you could lease the new one for the same price, especially one where the tech in the new model is very updated.

1 Like

I see the only wild card being how much higher will the RVs be on the 2019 S60s. It’ll be more than 6 months (maybe more than a year or two) before you see 0.00022 MFs and $6,600 incentives on the new S60. That’s just my personal opinion. Look at the XC60s- currently well into their second year of production with plenty of them around. They lease like you you want the car more than you want a low payment.

I agree it will be awhile before we see crazy discounts on the new S60, but it is a sedan, which no one wants anymore as opposed to the crossover market which is very popular.

XC60s sell because everyone wants them, not many people are in the market for a s60s, they’ll end up like the s90 sooner rather than later.

Whoa, what’s up with Infiniti?

XC90 T5 is a turtle, even if it’s 300/mo😁
0-60 eventually.

Honestly, look at Maxima SL, Q50 3.0T Luxe, A4 2.0T Premium. All three can be had in low-mid 400s, 0 DAS. It is a very outdated vehicle, that S60.