Volvo S60 2018 outgoing model opinions?

For a deeply discounted deal, you’re going to need to negotiate directly with the dealer that has the S60 you want. I don’t think a dealer is going to want to trade for a car that’s got no meat on the bone vs a dealer who wants to get one off his lot. They all have a total of $6,600 of incentives on them in NorCal, and I believe it’s the same in SoCal. The S60 Inscription Platinums and CCs all have virtually the same MF, and exactly the same RV.

San Jose and Marin are the only dealers with a CC in stock in CA that’s not a demo/loaner.

@KD6-3.7 thanks, appreciate the direction in terms of going direct to dealer with the specific vehicle in mind. I don’t mind going to where it might be located if the deal is a good one.

What do you think of something like this … I’d like to end up with the new model (2019 or later) after it hits the market and am thinking if I can get a really good deal on a 2018 (in the $300ish/mo range w/$0 down), there might be a pull ahead offer that I can take advantage of, down the road after the newness of the introduction wears off a bit. Kind of the long play for the new model S60. Is there a 24 month lease through volvo and would MF & RV be different?

You can do 24 moths, but it will probably be more expensive. Check in the calculator. Pull ahead is now 9 months, but they may end it or shorten it, so you are stuck then.

Let’s estimate some deals. This one is a 2018 S60 Inscription Platinum FWD with an MSRP of $45,000. Using Ursus’ bare minimum 10% (which is blood on the floor for norCal) and the $6,600 incentives, buy rate of 0.00022, 36/12 RV of 48%, acq fee $995, zero down, license estimated, I get $382/mo + tax ($370 with 4 MSDs- 24 months no good):

Using the S60CC at Marin (it’s 3 months younger than the San Jose car, which is having a birthday), same criteria, $419/mo + tax:

The guy in charge of VCFS for the western region told me that they’re hoping to stick with a 9 month pull ahead for the foreseeable future. They were doing 6 months prior for a while. I think it’s become a fixture of a lease retention strategy.

My bare minimum that I can get from at least 3 dealers is actually 11-12% off :grin:

1 Like

Wow. Thanks, I am blown away! This forum never ceases to amaze me, the info is incredible and getting responses like this one from @KD6-3.7 is beyond helpful.

It’s obvious there is a strong Volvo community, seems like almost a competition for who can provide the best responses to fellow Hackrs… keep it rolling :slight_smile:

@vhooloo seems to be the king of Hackr deals, but I’m sure the RV was a lot better back in 2016…

Shoot for that. I’d love to hear how that goes.

Sure, will let you know :grin:
Meantime, I have “if I can get you 20% off MSRP on a lease, you are telling me we have a deal?” on a V90CC T6 loaner (before incentives). Interested? :wink:

My intention was to quote you as suggestion for jimmcdon. I’m just saying that 10% in norCal is pushing it really hard. SoCal, who knows. Throw in a demand for a 0.00022 MF and $695 acquisition fee, and let the fun begin!

I know, did you see the smiley? 10% should be the target, while 8-9% is still a good discount on XC, and 11-12% or more (we know it happened last December) may be doable on sedans.

You and @KD6-3.7 entertain me all day on Volvo’s.
true love never dies :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. There’s a lot of ingredients that go in the cake. One dealer’s advertising could be 1% or so more or less of the MSRP than another’s. How much support money a dealer gets depends on their SSI scores, CSI scores, and hitting training and 360 (lease return purchase) objectives. Then there’s performance bonuses or other incentives, which aren’t published anywhere. On top of all that is the motivation and craziness factor of the sales manager or general manager, not to mention the mistake factor.

@mani_is_kool - happy to amuse. I’m generally happy to butt heads now and then.

1 Like

I was lucky to get the S60 deal. I could not replicate it two years later.

All about timing and a lucky break. @inter101 got his new XC90 T5 R for $373/mo + tax.

2 Likes

Question… seeing some loaners that might be interesting. What does a dealer demo/loaner do to the numbers? @KD6-3.7 I’m guessing you have this right of the top …

Had a chance to visit Volvo Palo Alto, sat in a fully loaded s90 and the 2018 s60. The wife thinks the s90 is too long(but really, really nice), like a limo. She also loves the xc60 but don’t think we are going to get the deal I"m looking for on that one.

A demo/loaner should reduce the price because the car has been used. How much it reduces the price depends on the dealer, how much they got from Volvo, and how much they wrote the car down on top of what they got from Volvo.

I would suggest using a lease on a new car as the benchmark to determine if a lower payment on a demo/loaner is worth it. An S90 can be sexy if you qualify for A-Plan or can get a huge discount on a new one or demo/loaner. The XC60 is not the droid you’re looking for.

1 Like

I just leased my third S60 in a row… a 2018 AWD Inscription Platinum, with nyclife’s help.

It’s a great car, and the adaptive cruise control is amongst the best of any car.

Yes. I would have loved to wait and get the 2019 new model S60 but my lease was up and I needed to have a car.
So if you can wait, wait!
But if you can’t, or don’t want to, you won’t be sorry with the 2018.

You are a glutton for punishment :slight_smile:

Except for the new Volvos or a Tesla, there isn’t a car I’d rather have.
Snarkyness aside.

Having been a 2 time Volvo owner myself, and having really considered the XC90 after the lease on the S60CC was up, I understand their merits but not for the price they charge.
eg their 36k MSRP XC40 leases for 450+ a month. BMW’s 36k MSRP X2 is at 350 a month. Really Volvo?

1 Like