Volvo Pull Ahead Question

$2,000 XC60-XC60 retention bonus has been around for at least a year, on top of loyalty.

Correct, no loyalty AND pull ahead in most circumstances.

Right. Just mentioning a specific vehicle-to-vehicle one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right, just clarifying lol

1 Like

As a new employee of a Volvo dealer I can confirm.

It is based on the car you currently have: 6 months for SUV and 9 months for a sedan and you CANNOT currently combine pull ahead and loyalty either one or the other

3 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation.

Is disposition on the car being turned in paid, or does that get waived as part of the pull ahead?

Waived, of course. You get another Volvo.

Figured as such, but wanted to confirm.

Yes definitely waived thank you @Ursus

Seems like you can even pay partially for the pull ahead?

jworthy42 says he/she had 12 months of payments left and paid 3 months to take advantage of the 9 months pull ahead.

This means I don’t have to wait for the exact 9 payments before lease matures in order to get 9 payments waived?

Anybody have a better idea?

From what I understand, that is not the case. @Ursus and I actually discussed this about 8 months ago, when we were starting to think about our new cars.

That is how I understood the pull ahead but look at what jworthy42 on the trophy garage is suggesting. Trophy Garage [ Photos ]

Had 12 months remaining on S90, paid 3 months upfront and got a S60 with 9 months of payments waived for the S90.

Yeah, I saw that, and I wasn’t sure how that could be. From what @Ursus and I discussed at the end of last year/beginning of this year, a person would have to wait to be within the pull-ahead period. I believe that is also what Volvo told me.

See here: Please help-Volvo V60 lease end.

Is this only for Volvo owners? Can you use a pull ahead coming from another manufacturer such as Nissan to get a Volvo deal?

I’m pretty sure the dealer just took his car and there wasn’t actual pull-ahead from Volvo. No idea, but they may keep it for 3 months that he paid for and then turn it to Volvo :grin:

1 Like

That was the only thing I could think of, because Volvo might not do the pull-ahead otherwise, but I also wondered how that would work with the funding of the lease and termination of the old one if there isn’t a purchase of a new one at the time it is turned in. It’s the dealer’s problem, I guess, not his, but I wouldn’t really advise that people generally try this.

No, it is Volvo-to-Volvo, only. There is still conquest cash in some regions, but it won’t get you out of the lease early.

BTW, it cannot be pull-ahead if he pre-paid 3 months in advance to the dealer. Dealer has nothing to do with the payments. If Volvo allowed this, the payments would go straight to them.

1 Like

That’s what I thought and why I didn’t think it was “pull-ahead.”