Volvo Pull Ahead Question

Seems like you can even pay partially for the pull ahead?

jworthy42 says he/she had 12 months of payments left and paid 3 months to take advantage of the 9 months pull ahead.

This means I don’t have to wait for the exact 9 payments before lease matures in order to get 9 payments waived?

Anybody have a better idea?

From what I understand, that is not the case. @Ursus and I actually discussed this about 8 months ago, when we were starting to think about our new cars.

That is how I understood the pull ahead but look at what jworthy42 on the trophy garage is suggesting. Trophy Garage [ Photos ]

Had 12 months remaining on S90, paid 3 months upfront and got a S60 with 9 months of payments waived for the S90.

Yeah, I saw that, and I wasn’t sure how that could be. From what @Ursus and I discussed at the end of last year/beginning of this year, a person would have to wait to be within the pull-ahead period. I believe that is also what Volvo told me.

See here: Please help-Volvo V60 lease end.

Is this only for Volvo owners? Can you use a pull ahead coming from another manufacturer such as Nissan to get a Volvo deal?

I’m pretty sure the dealer just took his car and there wasn’t actual pull-ahead from Volvo. No idea, but they may keep it for 3 months that he paid for and then turn it to Volvo :grin:

1 Like

That was the only thing I could think of, because Volvo might not do the pull-ahead otherwise, but I also wondered how that would work with the funding of the lease and termination of the old one if there isn’t a purchase of a new one at the time it is turned in. It’s the dealer’s problem, I guess, not his, but I wouldn’t really advise that people generally try this.

No, it is Volvo-to-Volvo, only. There is still conquest cash in some regions, but it won’t get you out of the lease early.

BTW, it cannot be pull-ahead if he pre-paid 3 months in advance to the dealer. Dealer has nothing to do with the payments. If Volvo allowed this, the payments would go straight to them.

1 Like

That’s what I thought and why I didn’t think it was “pull-ahead.”