Volvo Lease Extension Questions

volvo stopped them for good. wont extend even if you have an ordered car.

Well they told me if I have an ordered car they`ll do itā€¦ but nothing otherwiseā€¦ but I see people were able to push it above, just its older postss now.

1 Like

Same: I just hung up with VCFS and was told they would extend up to 5 months with a buyers order (they need a copy of it) for a new Volvo, thatā€™s it.

Wonder would an order for a Polestar2 work? Those are easy to do online with a $500 fully refundable deposit.

1 Like

I should have asked. Even though BofA is behind both PFS and VCFS, theyā€™re mostly separate companies now. Of course in California deposits are refundable, and you could older something just to get the extension, but my dealer also wants a credit pull just for the order.

Is there something online which shows which states have refundible deposirs?

Iā€™m not aware of a master list but if you search by a specific state you might have better luck. And individual dealers may offer refundable deposits in any state.

Searched for an about an hour online about NJ laws without much luck. Even if deposit is not refundible it may make sense to spend say $500 to extend your lease 5 months.

1 Like

So basically you are adding $100/month to your payment?

Yup. And its a steal compared with current rates on an equivalent car.

1 Like

VCFS says no:

In response to your inquiry. A polestar purchase order is not accepted for an end of lease extension, the purchase order will need to be for a Volvo vehicle.

Thank you for the info. :frowning:

1 Like

Darn. Guess I will goto a local dealer to place an order.

If you want something easy to back out of, spec a desirable Swedish or China only car. Avoid the American-made models (no boat, and shorter transport from the Carolinas)

1 Like

Which ones are those?

I donā€™t know if they are actually taking orders for 2023 XC60s yet, but the order guide came out earlier this month, and I donā€™t think they have finished 2022 Production yet, and those are currently built in Gothenburg.

As an aside, I am really happy with the configuration changes they made for 2023. If you like the blackout look, but donā€™t want an r-design, now you can get it in other trims (whose names all changed again).

1 Like

SC is closed, no? Thatā€™s why there are no S60s

No clue, Iā€™m not fully up to date.

Yet, you give advises? lol

Common sense. Itā€™s built much farther away, and easier for dealers to sell if they have to - we both know people swoon for a good spec XC90. Thatā€™s my thinking.

1 Like