Volvo Lease Extension Questions

I am located in GA. I have a 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum and my lease is up 07/25/2021. I would love to hear more about Volvo lease extensions. How do they determine the extension payment(s), mileage, and any other costs? Thanks.

Everything stays the same and it is month-to-month. Mileage is added as in your contract. If you can get the extension at all. Apply from your online account.

1 Like

Thank you!

I called VFCS and was told they would only allow a lease extension if I was leasing or purchasing a new Volvo as needed a buyer’s order as proof. Can anyone confirm if this is correct information?

Yes, this what they require. But you can also call and try to convince them why you need the extension (ex: you want a 2022 that is not on your dealer’s lot yet and you want to have a test drive)

1 Like

always blame covid. make something up. “covid threw my personal situation upside down, etc etc etc i’m trying to figure out where i am personally and professionally…”

they’ll give you something

1 Like

The Russian in me thinks…
Can one person do a buyer order, get lease extended and then cancel such order?

I’ve never done such orders so I’m curisous if they are “no cancellation, no refunds” type of deal?

this russian can :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I guess it would also depend on the refundability of deposits in that person’s state.

2 Likes

Dealers will be happy - extra allocation for them.

2 Likes

My lease was up in April. I got a two month extension until June by saying that I was unable to shop for a new vehicle due to Covid. That worked.

1 Like

@JBD - told you covid always works as an excuse.

3 Likes

You can also try: OSD.

Tell them that you are looking at arranging an overseas delivery and need the current lease extended.

Usually, that works the best because they know that it will take months before the car will be ready.

Plus, the borders to Sweden are restricted to non essential travel and your dealer is trying to find out…

3 Likes

Volvo has not approved my extension yet, but how did your payments work during the extension. A representative stated my monthly bill would increase about $30. Just curious. Thanks.

Payments should stay the same.

1 Like

My payments remained the same amount.

1 Like

Depends on what state you live in.

2 Likes

3 month lease extension granted by Volvo. What I have found is that when you call or do the secure message, you may receive different answers from different customer service representatives. Frustrating. Thank you all for your help!

6 Likes

This is frustrating- I want 3 month extension in Dec 2021 for 3 mos & wld like a sure way to get it without pending sales contract.

1 Like

Im facing same situation right now, I have about 5 weeks to go on the lease and Volvo is saying no extension. Was anyone able to get extensions lately ? Im really stuck right now with all this prices and car availabilities for anything pretty much. Really want to get another Plugin but prices are insane…

1 Like