Volvo does not allow lease swaps

My much Leasehacker celebrated $61K MSRP loaded Volvo S90 T6 AWD Momentum + lease is up for a swap.

We love the car but we are suddenly moving to the islands and obviously can’t take it with us. Car has only 900 miles on it after 4 months! Garaged, perfect, both packages, heated steering wheel, rear spoiler, 19” 5-Triple Spoke Tech Matte Black Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels, Red Key. Mussel Blue Metallic Paint with Amber on black upholstery. VERY RARE and HIGHLY DESIRED BUILD.

The payment is only $299.80 (thanks NYC) and I am requesting $3250 upfront of which $2500 is refundable as MSD’s from Volvo.

Lease expires November 20, 2020 so its got about 20 months…

Who is the lucky guy or gal? NYC Tri-state area.

4 Likes

Done. 20 characters. Moved to Marketplace.

Sorry I didn’t tell you, but you can’t swap a Volvo

4 Likes

wow this is a killer deal

edit - well it would be a killer deal…

1 Like

Uh oh. Go on…

Man would have been a great deal, if transferable.

Wow that is an amazing price, would’ve loved to grab it, as per Volvo policy it’s a shame they don’t allow transfers

http://www.swapalease.com/help/lease-company.aspx?leaseco=52

I tried to hook the board up. I did. Looks like CarMax. :frowning:

If you wind up going the CarMax route, will you forfeit MSDs?

On the bright side, you are…

1 Like

Man hope you can get close to payoff.

Why would he forfeit the MSDs? He will get back once the account is closed.

They are deducted from the payoff amount.

not ability to swap out of a car is a deal breaker for me personally.

3 Likes

Buster’s answer below provided clarification. It will not go back directly and depending on payoff, he may be in or out of the money.

Are those one of the islands that lost power and still doesn’t have it after six months? Yeah it better be bright …

1 Like

And looks like at least 3-5k negative equity uh oh…
There was no way you should have leased a car if you were going to move …
If you take a 3k bath on this, your effective lease will have gone from 300 a month to 1000 a month…

A few of us here who got the cheap S90’s have flipped our S90’s for profit, myself included. He may luck out especially since he got it when the residuals were low and rebates high. If it’s a 2018 (which I expect it is since the 2017s were basically at 0% and no need for MSDs) he’s even more likely to make out ok.

2 Likes

+1. I did the same. (20202020)