Volvo does not allow lease swaps

No way you sold this for more than 42k… What price did you get?

=============
Volvo S90 T6 AWD Momentum
MSRP: $59,240
Selling Price: $42,203
24/10k
A-Plan
Max MSDs ($3500)
Due at signing: 1st payment only (other than MSDs)
Payments: $349 (includes NJ taxes)

Perhaps he may be able to walk away unscathed

JjcaneNov '171
2018 Volvo S90 T6 AWD Momentum+

MSRP: $61,055
Selling Price: $42,789.14
24/10k
Refundable MSD’s: $3000
A-Plan
All other current November incentives applied
Drive off (other than MSDs): $0

23 monthly payments of $299.80 (including tax)

Why would I lie? Sold it for 44k. Since I had made a few payments already, walked away with almost 3k. Received my MSDs in full about 30 days later.

1 Like

I think after you deduct for insurance + taxes you bought for 42203 and sold for 44k even, so that’s like 1.5k profit.

Not bad, hats off and I learned yet another thing today :slight_smile:

Thanks. I don’t subtract insurance or monthly lease costs since I was actually using the car while I had it :slight_smile:

salevolvo

3 Likes

I thought VFCS is through BoFA.

I do not know. Maybe it was a mistake in the check but they did get paid. I received confirmation.

It is. And I’m here now. At the bar, eating a steak. Everything is back and fine… where I am and will be.

1 Like

First of all, I haven’t moved in 20 years. Didn’t see it coming. Sometimes life gives you incredible opportunities. I could drive this car uninsured off a cliff and id still be full steam ahead.

2 Likes

Bingo. Yes 2018 with 900 Miles. :muscle: Nyclife thinks I’m good. He did the deal and he’s pointed me in a few good directions.

Did everyone who’s flipped one, flip it to Carmax?

If you have negative equity you have to pay it regardless. Whether with your MSD or by writing a check.

I think @cheapdad00 did.

You’d be full steam ahead into the next life and wouldn’t care about any cars if you drive this off a cliff, just sayin’

Yes, I flipped to Carmax at beginning of February. Carmax paid off vehicle on day 9 or 10, then it took about 2 weeks after that for the MSD check to be mailed to me from Volvo (which is what Volvo told me when I called them). Believe it or not Carmax was the highest offer. I had huge challenges with anyone else giving me a decent offer because there was no 2018 used data in the typical pricing tools, might have been better to flip a 2017. Also, where I am, most used places target the 3-5 yr old model instead of the 1 month old model.

If you want to try to finesse a generous offer, the following website estimated the highest value for me

https://www.thinkbank.com/black-book/

Agree with Carmax, i unloaded my 2016 XC90 R with 27k miles today at Carmax for $43000, Volvo dealer offered me $38000 and Alfa dealer $36000 so it was a no brainer. Funny thing, I requested the payoff from Volvo and it was $43800 and i was ready to eat the $800, however whn Carfax obtained their dealer payoff it came back as $40,800 so they actually cut me the check back for $2200. You really learn something new every day. Next step is to get something nice for $300/month range with zero at signing.

2 Likes

I think you had the same issue I did. Volvo’s payoff to you includes sales tax as they assume you are buying it. But since you are not buying it, subtract that tax amount. I ended up using Autolender’s as they came in a little higher than carmax.

2 Likes

That’s interesting, as the payoff when I looked it up on my account and when Carmax called them matched identically. Perhaps because the tax is done differently in NC.

1 Like