Volkswagen E golf lease

Any thoughts on this deal on the e golf? Problem is the residual value on these cars are so low.

1 Like

That is the lowest sale price i have ever seen on the eGolf. I guess the mf is high? How many milers is this? Post all the numbers.

10k miles
MF 0.00032
residual value on 36 mo lease is 36%

I leased mine but for a sale price that low i would have bought it and get the fed rebate too.

The price of 21, 400 is with he $7500 fed rebate already factored in. What were your lease numbers?

You should ask, i have seen low $24k sale prices before…they may surprise you. My numbers are in one of my created topics, see it in my profile …but the incentives were different in April so it’s pointless to compare.
From Edmunds…
$450 lease cash…i think this was $5200 back in spring
Total Cash of $9000 includes:
$1500 E-Golf All Channel Bonus exp. 07/01/2019
$7500 e-Golf VCI Lease Zero Emissions Bonus exp. 07/01/2019

Going to wait to see what July incentives there are. Vw manufacturer isn’t offering much at all on the car currently. VW is really relying on that federal rebate at this point.

thanks for the help Mark! Let me know if you hear anything else on the car!

Would love to score one with April numbers, hopefully July will be better

1 Like

What in the heck are those leasing amounts ? $348 for 36 months?
Leaving the Golf with about $8k residual? 30% Residual?
Do not lease this car.

eGolfs lease for $200 last month.

They didn’t.
The RV is clearly stated at 12,446 at 36 mo.

I know Mark, something is really wrong with this rate. You are right it isn’t 8k, it’s 12k, but look at those payments

My VW had a $13k residual with zero Down at $206/month.

I agree not the best numbers and it is because of the 36% residual. I do not see how the payments will get any better unless manufacter offers additional discount. Its crazy that even with $7500 federal kick back monthly is mid 300s. Please share if you see deals better elsewhere

On the sheet the OP sent, I’m seeing $12k including cash and incentives ($7500) meaning there is $4500 on the hood (maybe from the dealer, maybe VW holdback, who knows). The residual on EVs and PHEVs are all in the 30s because of tax credit and rebates. And yes the deals on the eGolf aren’t as good this month.

If this is the car OP wants, then they want the best deal this month. I’d get another dealer into the mix. I found as I’m shopping PHEVs that many dealers are discounting widely differently. When I looked at Claritiy, one dealer had 5 2018 loaded black ones (0 charged and available to test drive) and first pass they put $6500 on the hood that was not Honda money or tax credit. But yes residual was 35% so the payment was still mid-500s. At that point I wasn’t interested in a Clarity anymore because they just don’t lease well. And when the residual is this bad you especially don’t want to buy it.

If OP needs ASAP and can’t find a deal, look at a lease takeover. Don’t buy a new one (used maybe), and the competitor EVs are all nicer to drive, nicer interiors, lease well.

I seriously doubt you ever driven an eGolf.

My deal was similar…but that was April not last month. As mentioned on here by one of the dealers, there was a $5k dealer cash difference between the April deal and May deal. Best thing to do is wait at this point if stuck on getting an eGolf.

I seriously considered it when I leased my GTI in 2016 so yes I have driven it. That wasn’t the only time.

Got price down to $320 a month on e golf with $1500 down which includes tax, title, 1st month payment? Thoughts ?

For that $ i think you should take a look at the Bolt. I love the eGolf but personally I would not pay that much for it…maybe i just got used to the good deals.

Yeah I really don’t think April deals will repeat. I’ve driven the bolt and it’s fun drive but just not as comfortable