US Bank Lease end idiocy

So just to add to this thread.

I turned in my lease 3 weeks early, after I made my last payment, to a dealer to ensure it was in before dealers shut down due to the pandemic. I drop the car off to a dealer US Bank tells me to right near my house. The dealer didn’t wanna take the car since it’s not their brand, but after I had them call their USBank rep they decided to. I then call USbank to let them know time, approx miles, and location of the car so they can arrange grounding/transportation but they have you do this via a voicemail. Fast forward 3 weeks and I get a withdrawal for the normal lease payment of the car… so I call US bank up and they said we see where you called to let us know but since the dealer hasn’t called us the account is still active.

I followed their return instructions they told me to. Now I’m fighting to get my payment returned when they apparently have to call another corporate department to do it and even then they said it may not be refunded cause my account is still active…

To top it off the dealer was told by their US Bank rep that US Bank will call them to arrange pickup so that’s what they are waiting for.

1 Like

Did you have auto pay set up with US Bank?

Did you get a written confirmation of grounding or something from dealer that they did an in-take of the vehicle (turn in receipt). ?

I was supposed to turn in my lease with US Bank by Apr 8th and US Bank scheduled pick up from my house about 7 days ago, I’m still waiting. But in regards to your payment if you have auto pay set up with US Bank they will continue to withdraw your payments until you turned it off or remove you bank info.

Yes, I got an odometer receipt from the dealer but they can’t ground it since it wasn’t a jaguar dealer they said and that US will ground it when they call.

I had autopay, and when I called to inform them of the car drop off, that per their lease end paper work I was sent, would sent would unenroll me.

They are reaching out to corporate to try to refund the payment. I’ll give them till Tuesday to call me back before I reverse the charge with my bank. They have the most antiquated lease process I ever dealt with. Funny part is they are taking a bath on the car as auction value is about 27k and residual was 45k. They even offered to sell me the car for 32k before I turned it in but I already leased another.