UPDATED FOR SEPTEMBER: 10% off MSRP on custom m340i order

I am expected to take delivery in October, but I am considering signing in September song MF dropped + BMW is offering 1000 lease cash incentive.

Is it possible for me to sign and lock the deal before taking delivery?

If you haven’t already done a credit app that would lock in the rates, but the dealer would probably have to have the vehicle in stock.

Yea I did a credit app in August when I ordered. I will try and get clarification from them and see.

Pretty sure all bmws come from Germany except for X series which are made in s Carolina.

1 Like

How did the dealer calculate with Oct numbers that aren’t available yet? Did you mean Sept?

I meant September. Thanks for point it out, fixed in title + original post.

BMW opened a plant in Mexico in June 2019, and is building 3 series models there. I know thay are building 330s there. Not sure about 340s.

1 Like

:open_mouth: that would be awesome if my car is manufactured there! I would expect ship time will be extremely short.

Just spoke with a BMW rep. My car is manufactured in Regensburg, Germany. Estimated completion date is 9/16, will probably be ready for pickup in NorCal in the “first couple weeks of October” (his words).

Do you know that definitively? Invoice is roughly 6% + 1% flooring holdback + volume incentives, which are the most important factor in a dealer’s ability to discount beyond invoice. I’m targeting 11-12% off a custom build and I do want the dealer to make some money off the deal.

Yes, your average dealer “all-in” on a M340 is at 11% with all backend’s, etc.

But surely there’s still profit in it for them, or they get some kind of volume discount at the end of the year for every car they’ve sold?

They can sell some cars at a loss for netting a huge bonus for hitting a target.

Exactly, and since it won’t hit their quota until it’s delivered on a build, they really can’t lock in how they’ll do that month in the future. This is why you see 10.5% with marked up MF on this car or 10% at base MF, etc. Simply put, if you can get a dealer to go 11-12% at base MF, more power to you but unlikely at this time on a build. This is completely different than walking in on the last day of the month for them where they know what their bonus is.

Last year dealers were willing to go 11-12% on a custom build when I priced it out in November. I think they were trying to meet an end-of-year sales goal. Do you have any idea what those are like for the dealer?

If you have nearly 12% off MSRP before rebates at buy rate MF, go sign the documents.

1 Like

Assuming this helps the dealer to hit an annual sales goal and that’s why they’re willing to essentially breakeven?

New 3 made in Mexico…

My M340 sure didn’t come from Mexico…

1 Like

Do you have any experience with this MichaelSD01?
So, technically OL code can be used on any vehicle then, whether it is in-stock unit or custom-ordered.